sharetrader
Page 747 of 871 FirstFirst ... 247647697737743744745746747748749750751757797847 ... LastLast
Results 7,461 to 7,470 of 8708

Thread: Gold

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Yes with AUD gold trading back up over $1400oz I can see many smashed ASX Goldies returning respectable earnings for the DEC qtr

would love to be buying more RMS PXG at current prices

RMS up 115% PXG up 34% since the above post >>

If only skol wasn't banned like to here his doom on 115% gain in under 90 days .....bring back one eyed skol I say ...good for a laugh

And yes skol if your reading I got ya letter ..and will sent you your winnings asap..I'll take you on again this year but in AUD Gold price ....should have done it last year

2014 close $1451.08 AUD
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Seems to be a sentiment change around the Gold sector in general, still a lot volatility in the gold price and that will continue but sensing a bit of a turn around from the market. I hold GOR, PXG, DRM via MYG options - looking for an entry into PRU, RSG (so wouldn't mind a bit of a pull back!).

Quote Originally Posted by yabster View Post
    Seems to be a sentiment change around the Gold sector in general, still a lot volatility in the gold price and that will continue but sensing a bit of a turn around from the market. I hold GOR, PXG, DRM via MYG options - looking for an entry into PRU, RSG (so wouldn't mind a bit of a pull back!).
    Yeah I'm gutted not to have more funds to invest ...at present many getting in near the bottom floor

like ... TRY i sold $5 years ago today 67.5c RMS sold 1.20's today 11c .....etc .. the bulk of the SP crashing has come from market sentiment US Gold price and not actually EPS or margin ...many PM producers have actually lowered costs , admin waste , giving better reporting with AISC reporting rather than cash costs ..and if they have survived the last couple of years of doom to be making a profit got to be a real kicker in a bullish market to come
    Last edited by JBmurc; 16-01-2015 at 05:45 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

I must admit I wouldn't go near KCN, it looks like they will be saved by the gold price but I recon if any Aussie miner was going to fall it was likely to be them. This mine closure seems very odd. Perhaps the government wants to renegotiate terms?

I took some money off the table today as just had a feeling we may see a profit taking pull back & am happy to re-assess Monday.
    Have reentered a small long gold position towards the recent lows this morning & if I get stopped out so be it as I've banked my other profits.

Went long OZL at $3.08 this arvo. From what I'm hearing the market is very short copper & the fundamentals to me look ok, not like oil etc.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see a short covering rally.

Re negative returns on bonds. Its been that way in the US for years I understand. Costing about 0.25% after coupon just to hold the flimsy bit of paper. I think they should change their name. What's the opposite of bond? Disintegrate perhaps? I'm sure we can come up with some thing better! LOL
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

I must admit I wouldn't go near KCN, it looks like they will be saved by the gold price but I recon if any Aussie miner was going to fall it was likely to be them. This mine closure seems very odd. Perhaps the government wants to renegotiate terms?

I took some money off the table today as just had a feeling we may see a profit taking pull back & am happy to re-assess Monday.
    Have reentered a small long gold position towards the recent lows this morning & if I get stopped out so be it as I've banked my other profits.

Went long OZL at $3.08 this arvo. From what I'm hearing the market is very short copper & the fundamentals to me look ok, not like oil etc.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see a short covering rally.

Re negative returns on bonds. Its been that way in the US for years I understand. Costing about 0.25% after coupon just to hold the flimsy bit of paper. I think they should change their name. What's the opposite of bond? Disintegrate perhaps? I'm sure we can come up with some thing better! LOL
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

By the way, has Skol been banned?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Yes, I think I saw that a few days ago.

INO.com has this article which mentions safe havens. Gold on another tear upwards at the moment.

http://www.ino.com/blog/2015/01/safe.../#.VLk8WrkcS00

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Yes I understand so from his letter .... haven't seen him on HC either ..I thought he was just on extended holiday

Guess he could say he went out on a high with 2013-14 the worst years for Goldies and PM prices ...... as I don't think he will be very happy this year as IMHO ASX Gold sector will be the daring of the marketplace (as it already has been so far) and USD gold should end the year higher $1400+ AUD Gold 1600oz+

As of yesterday my Portfolio is now just two Gold companies RMS / PXG never in the last 15yrs of investing in the S/M have i had such tight focus ....thats how bullish I am on the sector having one of the biggest re-bounds in history of the ASX....

so far so good ....GOLD $1280oz talk of $1400oz USD end of 2015

He has posted on HC a few times recently, but been fairly quiet.
    I think for gold to carry on its way north post Chinese NY it will require the fear from the fallout of oil or something similar.
    We are now heading into a fairly reasonable channel of resistance $1280 -1320 and then resistance again at $1400.
    I must admit I have been waiting for gold to take a breather but it really hasn't let up.

Hoop are you around? Are you able to give us your TA expertise?

Cheers Daytr