sharetrader
Page 753 of 874 FirstFirst ... 253653703743749750751752753754755756757763803853 ... LastLast
Results 7,521 to 7,530 of 8733

Thread: Gold

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    An Equedia article I thought was interesting, and scary.

http://www.equedia.com/how-this-land...m_medium=email
    God is going to destroy the market because of gay marriage?

Gold now hugging $1200 support after a Greek can was kicked down the road for 4 months. Pretty much priced in I feel otherwise gold would have been hammered. Chinese out for much of next week for Chinese NY. Personally I think they will come back to a NY present of cheaper gold & go on a buying spree. Trading to it.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

I didn't realize that the Greek finance ministers is Varofarkis, pronounced Urifarus.
    He didn't really need to say much to the Germans, just his name real quick, and the German response. Nine its ze Greeks that are Urifarkus ! LOL
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

I do hope the gold stocks drop on Monday so I can buy them

Happy Monday!
    Probably a key week for gold.
    The spec long position must have cleared out considerably.
    At last report it was around 13M ounces, still high but that is of 10 days ago & we should get an update today & I would suspect it to be well under 10 ounces.
    Can't rule out $1180, especially with China out, however the short positions must also be growing.
    Probably 50:50 here if we see $1180 or $1220, however the odds between seeing $1100 vs $1300 I would suggest very much are in favor of $1300.

Profits to all, except those who are short gold of course ! ;-)

No its not, but it bounced again to $1210 & now $1200. Remember the Chinese are out, but back in a few days, but some will take the whole week off.
    I picked up some more at $1293 last night.
    Last edited by Daytr; 24-02-2015 at 07:39 AM.

Gold continuing to Trade the range 1180-1300 ....when will it break nobody knows >>> I see Greece is kicked down the road to June when yet again we see the truth that they are Bankrupt and exiting the Euro is the only way out of the DEBT...but of course the EURO powers don't want that ....
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Gold still hugging $1200 oscillating basically $10 each side of the big figure overnight.
    China back in a couple of days & I expect them to come back & start buying.
    This short run is about to come to an end imo.
    Day traded in & out yesterday for a small loss.
    And then went long again at $1193 overnight.

Below is a segment from a note NAB sent out yesterday on the AUD. I thought it was quite interesting.
    They now think the Aussie is fairly valued.

Gold-AUD correlation has broken down
    The primary culprit in driving the wedge between spot and the model value has been gold and where an historically high positive correlation (85% in the 10 years through 2014) has recently turned negative. It may be that negative deposit rates in the Eurozone, Switzerland and elsewhere, reducing the opportunity cost of owning gold, have introduced a fresh layer of demand for the yellow metal.
    If we remove gold from our traditional model, spot and model values fall straight back into line. But since such a model will have done a lousy job from 2011 through most of 2014, we are reluctant to jettison gold from the model since the breakdown in the gold/AUD correlation has been so recent. In the meantime, we will treat the suggestion that AUD/USD has overshot to the downside, with a good deal of scepticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Gold still hugging $1200 oscillating basically $10 each side of the big figure overnight.
    China back in a couple of days & I expect them to come back & start buying.
    This short run is about to come to an end imo.
    Day traded in & out yesterday for a small loss.
    And then went long again at $1193 overnight.
    I dunno Daytr, the 2hr chart doesn't look great to me. Against the USD anyway.
    BTW what ever happened to Skol? Doent seem to be much banter these days.

Attachment 7125

Me as well Snapiti! haha

Gold did a rinse & repeat last night & I jobbed out for an ok profit yesterday & picked up some more at lower levels overnight which is now looking sweeeeeeeeeet!

With China coming back to the market I think we may now have seen the lows in this move & I have been playing to it.
    Loaded up on RSG on a sell down a stock that should do well with USD gold rising & also obviously long gold.
    The market will have a reasonably big short position, although net is actually still long.
    I expect to see some shorts covering & longs being added to again.