sharetrader
Page 768 of 871 FirstFirst ... 268668718758764765766767768769770771772778818868 ... LastLast
Results 7,671 to 7,680 of 8708

Thread: Gold

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by airedale View Post
    With support at $1140 gone, Colin Twiggs has the next technical support level at $1000.
    Yes he has, and surprisingly accurate analysis year after year.

Actually - just compared what an Australian gold miner received a year ago for their production - and what they get at today's prices:

July 2014: USD1300 / .945 (USD/AUD) = A$1375 per ounce;
    July 2015: USD1132 / .738 (USD/AUD) = A$1535 per ounce;

Despite the declining US$ price for gold do they get now A$160 more per ounce of gold than they received one year ago. Operating costs are cheaper as well (lower fuel price). Must be a great time for Australian miners (and others outside the US$ zone)
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Yes and NZ gold production with NZ Gold at $1775oz .....OGC might well be happy to continue producing gold here and increase exploration
    funding
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Wow gold just got smashed $60 in minutes! And then bounced back $30 in a similar time frame!
    Thin market with Japan out & someone has gone after it big, triggering stops.
    Just incredible!
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Permanent Newbie

Just luck I sold out of KCN, MML, NCM & SAR as they are getting sold pretty hard today.
    China has been buying and will continue to buy if gold remains a currency of sorts.
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...ot-be-finished

If it is a supply and demand equation then what is the annual tonnage extracted and what is the annual demand.
    Must have been a few additional gold mines started up when prices were better and finance was cheap and additional supply coming on stream now. Sadly have no idea re these supply/demand issues and have only looked at price movements for gold which makes me a reef fish. A lucky one it seems.
    Last edited by Aaron; 20-07-2015 at 02:51 PM.

S&D to a certain extent as yes production did increase by about 10% from the gold boom, but also supply has come from tow other main sources, being ETF selling that was accumulated in the boom & a lot of gold has come out of Europe in the last few years due to I suspect the economy and some old money has been hit pretty damned hard. More recently its COMEX shorting though so futures not physical selling by hedgefunds & targeting a known weak time of year for physical demand. They still have to cover, but they are getting plenty of bank for their buck at the moment & gold as a ccy was one of the best performing so was out of step with the likes of the Euro, JPY etc. I still think we see a pretty sharp bounce on the back of short covering soon & perhaps this week.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

We must be near the point of maximum pessimism against the PM's ....Shorts are at record highs ....One final crash sub $1000oz USD then a massive short cover .... followed by billions of funds looking for a safe home in a Negative interest rates on offer and crashing bond market scared Equity etc ...will drive the PM prices even faster than we seen 2004-2008 ($400oz to $1000oz) the fairy tale of FIAT must meet reality sooner than later ....
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

IMO

I sure hope so and when it happens and i sell out for a profit hopefully i will never be lured by the glisten of Gold again.This is the line in the sand to remind myself.

A mine is a hole in the ground owned by a liar!

The US will start raising interest rates this year and equities are hitting new highs. What specifically is going to reverse this massive downtrend in gold?

I remember having a coffee with the head of metals trading at Macquarie in Sydney about 18 months ago & we both said a market only bottoms when there has been some blood. The blood we refer is producers falling over & there have been very few of those & none of any production consequence.
    I thought we may have got away without that happening, however the weakening currencies has made the margin for ccy denominated production a lot better so they aren't feeling the crunch, in fact in Aussie gold its only about 10% off the highs. So that turns the attention to USD producers & particularly those with debt. In Australia you have KCN, RSG & BDR that come to mind. I can't see these USD prices lasting long enough necessarily to cause that sort of damage, but it can't be ruled out. Are their any major USD producers in a similar position, the likes of a Barrick?
    Apparently 5 tons or 160k ounces was dumped into a thin Chinese market, which was particularly thin with the Japanese out. You would only do this to make a splash & they certainly did that. Funny though the article linked below suggests this is five tins is worth $2.7Bln! Last I looked gold was trading around $1100 & that makes it around $177M. Not great from a financial commentator!

http://www.standard.co.uk/business/b...-10401551.html