sharetrader
Page 778 of 871 FirstFirst ... 278678728768774775776777778779780781782788828 ... LastLast
Results 7,771 to 7,780 of 8709

Thread: Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I can only hope, when Stanley Druckenmiller said he has sold out of gold because the reasons for buying it changed after Trump was elected is concerning.

Maybe I should cut my losses on gold miners now and come out reasonably even. Another investment not making me any wealthier.
    I have diverse my portfolio away from just the PM holdings I held months ago to now cover to recently ... tech HPA - Qld Nat Gas--Potash
    Only Gold holding is IRC which as they are selling in AUD Gold ( up overnight to $1640) ... as long as you Gold investments are getting paid in AUD Rand etc still making FAt pofits ...but the likes of PRU not so good
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Permanent Newbie

Thanks for the advice JBmurc. Sounds like I should cut my losses which I am not good at. I am holding producers rather than explorers (EVN, NCM & NST). The Phillipines president helped me secure a profit by scaring me out of OGC. NCM still good but EVN & NST bought too late. My reason for buying gold is that with the world talking negative interest rates, term deposits, bonds, cash in the bank become liabilities instead of assets. Massive money printing from central banks also bad for currencies. As far as I can tell nothing has changed except The Don is going to cut taxes and spend up large on infrastructure which means more of the same to a greater degree possibly. If central banks start selling their gold I am out.
    I still think economic thinking and central banks are insane in the current world, not that I have an alternative.

Thanks for the advice JBmurc. Sounds like I should cut my losses which I am not good at. I am holding producers rather than explorers (EVN, NCM & NST). The Phillipines president helped me secure a profit by scaring me out of OGC. NCM still good but EVN & NST bought too late. My reason for buying gold is that with the world talking negative interest rates, term deposits, bonds, cash in the bank become liabilities instead of assets. Massive money printing from central banks also bad for currencies. As far as I can tell nothing has changed except The Don is going to cut taxes and spend up large on infrastructure which means more of the same to a greater degree possibly. If central banks start selling their gold I am out.
    I still think economic thinking and central banks are insane in the current world, not that I have an alternative.
    **** that's no good sounds like you also went in boots in all ...depending on your timeframe I do think 2017(maybe later in the year) will see higher PM prices than we have seen during the year once the reality of the debt issues + increase interest rates becomes more apparent to the wider market ....the USD is on a tear at the moment IMHO the final hooray before HUGE downwards pressure from US Bond market collapse .....
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    **** that's no good sounds like you also went in boots in all ...depending on your timeframe I do think 2017(maybe later in the year) will see higher PM prices than we have seen during the year once the reality of the debt issues + increase interest rates becomes more apparent to the wider market ....the USD is on a tear at the moment IMHO the final hooray before HUGE downwards pressure from US Bond market collapse .....
    Never boots and all as gold to me is a speculation but holy crap a 2% drop overnight looks bad for me. Breaking even would have been a great result compared to the losses I will be facing after today. Still no one has suggested how Trump will fund the big spend up. I guess if he doesn't mind bankrupting his companies he won't care about bankrupting America. Which makes money meaningless again and reinforces the argument for real estate and gold and anything except cash. Although I am holding cash in the hope of a stock market crash prior to a loss of faith in the monetary system. I am not 100% certain which would come first....

...or if either of these things will even happen. Just my negative view on the world.
    Last edited by Aaron; 24-11-2016 at 09:45 AM. Reason: to point out i am a doomsayer

Never boots and all as gold to me is a speculation but holy crap a 2% drop overnight looks bad for me. Breaking even would have been a great result compared to the losses I will be facing after today. Still no one has suggested how Trump will fund the big spend up. I guess if he doesn't mind bankrupting his companies he won't care about bankrupting America. Which makes money meaningless again and reinforces the argument for real estate and gold and anything except cash. Although I am holding cash in the hope of a stock market crash prior to a loss of faith in the monetary system. I am not 100% certain which would come first....

...or if either of these things will even happen. Just my negative view on the world.
    Yes just checked my shares my only Gold share IRC hasn't even moved ...hopefully GOLD will find its bottom and bounce hard ....read today that US has excess in 35 trillion debt load ...Trump should well add another 5 trillion ... Interest rates up soon enough it will be hard enough to just pay the interest and roll over the debt let alone pay any of it off.....Trump could well be holding the can when the Bond market crashes ....

Good reason for GOLD crash .......one of the largest and most visible individual gold investors, Stan Druckenmiller, decided to liquidate his entire gold position in the middle of the night. Druckenmiller told CNBC, ‘I sold all my gold on the night of the election… All the reasons I have owned it for the last couple of years, it seems to me they may be ending. And by the way, they’re ending globally.’

Many market players including some top investors and traders were unwinding Both gold and bonds. Where will they park their money? Stock market could be one of them. They will target attractive ones that they think. After selling GOLD ETFs,Few fund managers are looking for opportunities in Asia. Asian markets should become bullish in 2017.
    Last edited by Valuegrowth; 26-11-2016 at 10:37 PM.

http://www.economiccalendar.com/2016...ne-month-lows/

Gold Prices End at More Than Nine-Month Lows

Where will they park their money?
    Copper would be a good start

Suddenly, there was some support for copper. Some funds were buying copper. They are parking money even in global stocks.

Permanent Newbie

Looks like my % losses on gold miners EVN, NST will go to single digits today. NCM bought earlier up 44% on purchase price. Pity I need them to go up about 10times to significantly affect my wealth. Still speculations should remain small.
    Rampant inflation could be good for gold especially if interest rates stay low.
    Last edited by Aaron; 22-03-2017 at 08:50 AM.