sharetrader
Page 799 of 871 FirstFirst ... 299699749789795796797798799800801802803809849 ... LastLast
Results 7,981 to 7,990 of 8705

Thread: Gold

AUD Gold up a new record $2555.61oz +76.73 3.10% just vertical take-off

Only wish my micro-cap Goldies would get some love .. seems ASX market only interested in certain companies esp. the producers .. fact is value metrics are just insane for companies with large Gold resources + great exploration results worth less than many of the similar companies commanded during the mid 2000"s when AUD Gold was only $600oz
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Back on the forum after several years. Earthquake and several house shifts later
    I tracked gold pre $300 days, and decided to get in at $300 but being busy or slack didn't do anything till $800 then got stitched up by a gold bullion con and BMA which folded. But thats history. I feel things are about to get rather nasty and gold may be the place to be so had a little punt on KZR just before SPROTT bought in, 24c to 65c in a few weeks. Also have BLK and PNR.
    GOOD LUCK FOR THE FUTURE ALL I think we are going to need it.
    cheers
    SPARKY

Quote Originally Posted by SPARKY View Post
    Back on the forum after several years. Earthquake and several house shifts later
    I tracked gold pre $300 days, and decided to get in at $300 but being busy or slack didn't do anything till $800 then got stitched up by a gold bullion con and BMA which folded. But thats history. I feel things are about to get rather nasty and gold may be the place to be so had a little punt on KZR just before SPROTT bought in, 24c to 65c in a few weeks. Also have BLK and PNR.
    cheers
    SPARKY
    Yes Sparky we live in very interesting times-- so many bubbles -- upside down economics-- record low interest rates + Neg rates .. Growing Cancer rates + Coronavirus --we are on the knife edge so issues .. seems to be building to a MAJOR Blow-off

Personal I think Gold will blow $2000oz but who knows if investors will be jumping into the market ??? as to the FEAR of risk of the equity markets aka paper assets
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    AUD Gold up a new record $2555.61oz +76.73 3.10% just vertical take-off

Only wish my micro-cap Goldies would get some love .. seems ASX market only interested in certain companies esp. the producers .. fact is value metrics are just insane for companies with large Gold resources + great exploration results worth less than many of the similar companies commanded during the mid 2000"s when AUD Gold was only $600oz
    My producers not doing as well as expected today. Oil still down, gold up, should be good for business. A couple more down days and we should get another round of currency debasement which strengthens the argument for gold. negative interest rates will also improve golds appeal as a store of value as fiat currency no longer has that characteristic

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    My producers not doing as well as expected today. Oil still down, gold up, should be good for business. A couple more down days and we should get another round of currency debasement which strengthens the argument for gold. negative interest rates will also improve golds appeal as a store of value as fiat currency no longer has that characteristic
    Yes still I'm confident the trend will see the Gold plays continue to move higher .. next Qtr results for many will impressive and should kick the SP much higher

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Yes Sparky we live in very interesting times-- so many bubbles -- upside down economics-- record low interest rates + Neg rates .. Growing Cancer rates + Coronavirus --we are on the knife edge so issues .. seems to be building to a MAJOR Blow-off

Personal I think Gold will blow $2000oz but who knows if investors will be jumping into the market ??? as to the FEAR of risk of the equity markets aka paper assets
    Do you think that actual gold bullion/coins is the best way to invest in gold as opposed to equity in producers?
    I certainly have been gradually reducing my equity shareholdings in the past 18 months or so apart from in the NZ retirement village companies.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SPARKY View Post
    cheers
    SPARKY
    When I first look at the forums I remember a sparky the clown...are you the same member?

Sparky the clown??? Thats not me, least not as far as I know.

IMO

This s you here (below) sparky in 2011, what a great buy and hold story.What was the compounding rate from $5000 to $55,000?

"I mortgaged myself up to my eyeballs to buy a house in 1972, cost 5000. REPayments were almost crippling. I sold in 1986 and the repayments were a joke, sold for 55000.

If I,d had 5000 cash in the bank in 1972 there is no way that would have got to 55000 in 14 yrs. this demonstrated to me how, in times of inflation, properties can be a good option. The average kiwi is probably not going to buy a beachfront property, he will probably buy the house next door and rent it.
    A house is a house and will always be a house, 5000$ will always be 5000$ but it can be worth bugger all over time.
    If you believe inflation is going to increase having money in the bank is not a good option, a house is better, or maybe you could own shares, but which ones, or you could trust your cash to a finance co.
    good luck whatever you do,"
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 25-02-2020 at 09:55 PM.

When I wrote that I had been reading that the money printing going on after the gfc was going to cause massive inflation, too much money chasing too few goods etc. But it doesn't seem to have happened like that, not yet anyway. as a result I have been out of the markets, apart from a recent dabble into the gold space, with mixed results. I am now retired and can no longer earn my way out of bad investments, however the case for gold seems to be compelling as will the likes of bboz if there is a major correction. So here I am back again, for better or worse.