sharetrader
Page 8 of 871 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108508 ... LastLast

Thread: Gold

I hear gold investments are being advertised on the TV in the US as frequently as American Cars and Skin care products.

Thats a sign if ever I heard one that the Dollar will be heading north and gold in the other direction. Wada ya reckon Skol?
    Last edited by STRAT; 10-04-2010 at 06:00 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by STRAT View Post
    I hear gold investments are being advertised on the TV in the US as frequently as American Cars and Skin care products.

Thats a sign if ever I heard one that the Dollar will be heading north and gold in the other direction. Wada ya reckon Skol?
    You've got it, I was living in Los Angeles for a while in 1982, when the gold price took off. All of a sudden there's endless ads on TV selling gold and precious metals.
    Gold did not exceed the 1982 price until 2006.

Banned

Looks good but will it last? I doubt it. Gold ETF vs All Ords.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Skol; 10-04-2010 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    George Soros doubled his investment in the world's largest gold fund – just weeks before claiming investing in the precious metal is now the "ultimate bubble".
    do as I say not as I do.........LOL
    He has been quoted as saying that when he sees a bubble, he buys into it.

Quote Originally Posted by lissica View Post
    He has been quoted as saying that when he sees a bubble, he buys into it.
    Nothin wrong with that as long as one sells before it pops eh?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by airedale View Post
    Hi Skol, late November is a little over four months ago. Go right back to the four year or eight year charts for gold and then tell us about trends.

Saturday, 3 April 2010

AMEX ASX CBOT CME FOREX INDEX HKSE KCBT LIFFE LSE MGEX NASDAQ NYBOT COMEX NYMEX NYSE NZFOE NZX OBB SGX SFE TSE VSE WCE

Main NavNEWSMARKETSMY FINDATAPORTFOLIOCOMMUNITYPRODUCTS & SERVICESHELP
    Sub NavOverviewNZXASXCurrenciesCommoditiesNZX IndicesNZX SectorsBrowse MarketsAnalysisCharting

GCGold01/04/10 00:00

LAST:

1,126CHANGE:
    11.60OPEN:
    1,115HIGH:
    1,129ASK:
    0VOLUME:
    108,481CHANGE(%):
    1.04PREV:
    1,115LOW:
    1,112BID:
    0OPEN INT:

1 Month 3 Months 6 Months 1 Year 5 Years 10 Years 15 Years Moving Averages: MACD: Stochastic:

FundamentalsTechnicalPrice RangesOther
    Sector:Metals52 Wk Range:843.84 - 1227.5PE:0EPS:0Div Yield:0Market Cap:0NTA:0.0000Div Date:

MA5:1,132STO9:44:MA20:1,120MTM14:18:MA50:1,136RSI14:51:

Week High:1,147Month High:1,163Year High:1,228Week Low:1,108Month Low:1,075Year Low:844Week Change:26Month Change:1Year Change:169

ISIN: CUSIP:

Sponsored Links Free Market News Letters, Register on Findata Now!

News
    More News...

NZ sharemarket up in early trading

23 Mar 2010 10:48NZPA

Shares in NZ Refining Co gained a further 6c in early trading to reach a two-month high of 396, as they climbed away from 325 in early March, their lowest level since mid-2005. more...
    NZ dollar lower as euro, Australian dollar weakens

18 Feb 2010 17:24NZPA

Your chart looks a little like this.

The Road to Ruin.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Skol; 11-04-2010 at 08:11 AM.

Banned

Better make sure you've got exposure to $US all right. It won't be long before lines start heading in the opposite direction.

Default USD I think that would be by far one of the worst investments long term

Investors often seek safety from financial market turbulence in US government bonds since they offer virtually no risk of default and, unlike cash or gold, provide a yield. At the same time, sovereign debt default concerns outside the US, e.g., Iceland, Dubai, and Greece, have been linked to short-term rallies in the US dollar and have diverted attention from the fiscal challenges facing the US. However, since seven US states are in worse financial condition than Greece, Ireland, Portugal or Spain, shelter may prove hard to find. With a $3.83 trillion budget, a $12.3 trillion federal government debt, a $1.35 trillion 2010 budget deficit and $63 trillion in unfunded liabilities, the fiscal condition of the US has come into question and foreign interest in US Treasuries has declined. In late March, it was reported that the 10-year US Treasury Note yield had risen 30 basis points and that foreign holders of 10-year Notes were selling in record numbers.

- http://www.kitco.com/ind/Hera/april082010.html
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Even Facebook is showing Gold ads about using leverage to make quick profits up to 70%...

When everyone is talking Gold, perhaps its time to look elsewhere, hmmm maybe Uranium?

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    Better make sure you've got exposure to $US all right. It won't be long before lines start heading in the opposite direction.
    Reckon not Skol. I try and avoid buying things that are worthless even if their price is going up. I will leave Forex to others. Ive had a crack at it on paper only and didnt do all that well
    Last edited by STRAT; 11-04-2010 at 03:22 PM.