sharetrader
Page 801 of 871 FirstFirst ... 301701751791797798799800801802803804805811851 ... LastLast
Results 8,001 to 8,010 of 8708

Thread: Gold

“Investors are selling anything with a bid and running for cover, and that includes typical hedges like gold,” said Brien Lundin, editor of Gold Newsletter.

“We saw similar behavior during the 2008 financial crisis, however, and once investors understood and appreciated the scope of central bank stimulus coming down the pike, they began buying gold,” he said. “The price more than doubled from the lows thereafter.”

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/th...cks-2020-02-28
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Permanent Newbie

Back to $1,600, haven't sold. Ignoring the noise but I guess anything can happen. Hopefully Brien Lundin is right.

https://thepatientinvestor.com/index...is-it-falling/
    Another measured response from Colin Twiggs.

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by airedale View Post
    https://thepatientinvestor.com/index...is-it-falling/
    Another measured response from Colin Twiggs.
    sadly members only on your link. POG going better today, so far anyway, hope it flows through to the miners.
    As I write this I realise "hope" is part of my speculative strategy, which is concerning.
    Last edited by Aaron; 04-03-2020 at 08:15 AM.

Hi Aaron, Twiggs said that the recent fall in POG is due to traders selling anything to meet margin calls. His advice was still to buy the dips, and last nights fed cut of 50 basis points will further strengthen that advice.

Balance has very vocal opinions on cryptocurrency as a scam...
    I'm very interested to hear what he has to say about this?
    Balance?
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...apitalize.html

.^sc
    BITCOIN certified rat poop. NSA created, Expensive to send, slow, can only trade on cex, no autonomy, spaghetti code, has been hacked, accidental Backdoor brc20s whoops, no one building on it, alienated all cryptos against it, volume is fake, few whales control large supply... it will perform though

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewd Crude View Post
    Balance has very vocal opinions on cryptocurrency as a scam...
    I'm very interested to hear what he has to say about this?
    Balance?
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...apitalize.html

.^sc
    I haven't read his argument against cryptocurrency but this article isn't about the validity of gold as a currency but about how people try and rip you of when you want to buy it. People will always have more faith in fiat money backed by govts (which in this day and age is just on a computer) rather than crypto currency created by some individual(s) somewhere. I would have thought crypto's would also be as unlimited and as worthless as govt currency (not worthless yet but about to get tested in the near future) I understand bitcoin was limited by the programming and blockchain programs possibly provide an audit to avoid tampering but people don't even understand money that we already have, it is hard to see them having faith in cryptos.
    That said I am a dinosaur so who knows.

Guru

NZD gold shooting up to over $2700/oz. I wonder if we will see $3000 this year.

‘My old holding - NCM Newcrest - has had a good rise today!

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    NZD gold shooting up to over $2700/oz. I wonder if we will see $3000 this year.

‘My old holding - NCM Newcrest - has had a good rise today!
    Easy see $3000

Permanent Newbie

QE5 was supposed to put a rocket under the price of gold.

If this article is correct Thursday was one big margin call which will affect everything as everything gets sold to cover margin calls. That is the theory we were working on the other day.

Hanging tough on my gold producers, the price of oil is a positive for them but I guess if US shale producers go to the wall fairly quickly the price of oil will jump back up.

Here's hoping the price of gold jumps back up or I will be watching 100-150% gains evaporate pretty quickly and after that I get really scared and sell at the bottom.