sharetrader
Page 806 of 871 FirstFirst ... 306706756796802803804805806807808809810816856 ... LastLast
Results 8,051 to 8,060 of 8708

Thread: Gold

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    Gold now at $2850 nzd an ounce. An all time record.....
    Good insurance policy! NZ Dollar dropping today. Gold now over $NZ 2900/oz. NZ may have flattened the epidemic curve, but the NZ economy with its biggest tourist sector will take a hammering.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Good insurance policy! NZ Dollar dropping today. Gold now over $NZ 2900/oz. NZ may have flattened the epidemic curve, but the NZ economy with its biggest tourist sector will take a hammering.
    and most of the retail + hospo heard we will be in level 3 for most of MAY now ??
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Hunting for Heuristic trends

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Makes no sense ...One a store of value for thousands of years that most Central Banks of the world hold the other a tech play thats losing mass market interest

How to Build a Recession-Proof Investment Portfolio (Gold should be 20% of ones portfolio this is backed up by intensive research over the last 40yrs)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkfgEZtJ9LA

For you one eyed Crypto bugs go to 24mins .. gets to the crux of the thesis of the Recession-proof investment portfolio backed up by facts over the last 40yrs

Agree, crypto is currently more closely associated with scams and other criminal activities.
    Websites that let you buy coins but not sell them
    Sites that post prices that are false/misleading
    A system that lets two robot algos play off against each other to seemingly increase the price while no one has actually purchased anything
    Crypto servers that are running in some persons bedroom pretending to be a large corporation
    Software hacks/malware that can change the ownership of a folder and take possession of someone else's coins

Not a market to be in...

The block chain technology behind it may eventually find a use one day.

Thanks JB for the video link... watching it now

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Who View Post
    Go read my thread and posts on Indophil (IRN). Read my first post and than go read the T/O announcement on IRN in the ASX. And yes I do live near the beach, but no I dont own a yacht cos I am not into sailing.

http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthr...&highlight=irn
    Quote Originally Posted by arc View Post
    Agree, crypto is currently more closely associated with scams and other criminal activities.
    Websites that let you buy coins but not sell them
    Sites that post prices that are false/misleading
    A system that lets two robot algos play off against each other to seemingly increase the price while no one has actually purchased anything
    Crypto servers that are running in some persons bedroom pretending to be a large corporation
    Software hacks/malware that can change the ownership of a folder and take possession of someone else's coins

Not a market to be in...

The block chain technology behind it may eventually find a use one day.

Thanks JB for the video link... watching it now
    Another one that has done no real research and otherwise simply can’t understand it

My Biggest holding OBM.asx has 2MOz Gold resource owns its own 1.2Mtpa Gold plant plus all the infrastructure .... 20 mill in cash .. only needs 30mill in CAPEX before heading back into Gold production should run at 100-120Koz pa believes it will have AISC $1300oz leaving $1400oz profit per oz + 5yr LOM Gold reserves goal in the short term (140mill EBIT pa) ...current EV only $80mill

Just wanted to say "thanks JB" - I understand nothing about gold so I rely on your expertise for when I decide to dip my toes into the gold market. On the basis of this I bought a few OBM. Up 65% in a month!!
    “Instead of thinking “I’m right”, ask yourself “How do I know I am right?” Find the smartest people to disagree with you so you can stress test your ideas.” Ray Dalio

Quote Originally Posted by Drew95 View Post
    Just wanted to say "thanks JB" - I understand nothing about gold so I rely on your expertise for when I decide to dip my toes into the gold market. On the basis of this I bought a few OBM. Up 65% in a month!!
    Great to hear drew(I see OBM touched 22c yesterday !!!) ,,,thats what its all about on ST helping other make some fat profits in the markets .. I certainly wouldn't have gone down the share market road if it wasn't for sharetrader back in the early 2000's that spiked my interest to get the trading bug ..

I hope you hold OBM till after the DFS 2H20 as I really think we will see a take-over offer like we seen at EAR from a major Gold producer wanting to add 100koz pa production profile ... my pick is around the 40c depending on the Gold price later this year ...

another Gold play I jumped on is PDI ... i got a chuck of the opts for 4c PDIOA 1.8c ex price DEC 2022 expiry end of last week ... go and check out their recent exploration results just speculator(SP went up 700%+ in a day!!) ... you just don't often find these kind of gold mineralization widths from surface if they continue at depth (as they have only drilled down 50m in this project,,,
    Last edited by JBmurc; 22-04-2020 at 10:33 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

I see that Bank of America agrees with you re POG.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...n-t-print-gold

It took for a little while to realise that they are talking about the POG in USD, not AUD!

I also currently hold a 'watching' quantity of HMX and NST, while I get a feel for the market.

There are not many commentators I take a lot of notice in - but I do rate Colin Twiggs more than most, and he seems to be bullish on Gold too.

So I think I will be 'watching this space' with increasing interest.

So thanks again - I do read most of your posts with a considerable degree of fascination - it is obviously an area of passion for you, and an area of almost complete ignorance for me.
    “Instead of thinking “I’m right”, ask yourself “How do I know I am right?” Find the smartest people to disagree with you so you can stress test your ideas.” Ray Dalio

PDI gold spec worth reading latest presentation

http://www.aspecthuntley.com.au/docs...VsYXllZC5qc3A=

Yeah ‘The Fed can’t print gold’: How the yellow metal could hit $3,000 — 50% above the current record
    Bank of America’s bullish call on bullion.... so if AUD/USD stays the same we could be looking at $4750oz AUD ... if so then the likes of OBM would be north of $1 per share
    Last edited by JBmurc; 23-04-2020 at 10:42 PM.

Yeah ‘The Fed can’t print gold’: How the yellow metal could hit $3,000 — 50% above the current record
    Bank of America’s bullish call on bullion.... so if AUD/USD stays the same we could be looking at $4750oz AUD ... if so then the likes of OBM would be north of $1 per share
    Not worth it unless it gets to 3k by next week...
    cc
    BITCOIN certified rat poop. NSA created, Expensive to send, slow, can only trade on cex, no autonomy, spaghetti code, has been hacked, accidental Backdoor brc20s whoops, no one building on it, alienated all cryptos against it, volume is fake, few whales control large supply... it will perform though