sharetrader
Page 807 of 872 FirstFirst ... 307707757797803804805806807808809810811817857 ... LastLast
Results 8,061 to 8,070 of 8711

Thread: Gold

What's the ASX equiv of GDX?

Quote Originally Posted by Entrep View Post
    What's the ASX equiv of GDX?
    Try the ticker code $xgd_ax Colin Twiggs advises to watch for a break out above 7,200
    Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by airedale View Post
    Try the ticker code $xgd_ax Colin Twiggs advises to watch for a break out above 7,200
    Good luck.
    XGD -7460 at present ... hit a recent low of 5140 in march
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...?sref=Kf0MXoXH

The Fed Should Go Negative Next Week
    To fight a deepening recession, it should take U.S. interest rates below zero for the first time ever.....

Well that should spur USD Gold to break $1800 IMHO
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Quote Originally Posted by airedale View Post
    Good luck.
    Thanks but I meant a ticker on the ASX I can buy? Not interested in miners, just want pure gold price exposure.
    Last edited by Entrep; 25-04-2020 at 01:45 PM.

As a newbie to the understanding of where gold fits into the larger investment picture, I found this article by Ray Dalio to be very helpful ...

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/money...o/?published=t
    “Instead of thinking “I’m right”, ask yourself “How do I know I am right?” Find the smartest people to disagree with you so you can stress test your ideas.” Ray Dalio

Quote Originally Posted by Entrep View Post
    Thanks but I meant a ticker on the ASX I can buy? Not interested in miners, just want pure gold price exposure.
    Pure Gold exposure = PMGOLD.asx GOLD.asx

Here is my experience with a miner called Monarch who from memory originally held the Mt Ida permit.

Sept 2007 purchased 25,000 MON shares for $9,028 (~36 cents per share). With an expectation they would be producing gold sometime soon.
    Dec 2007 MON did share consolidation so I ended up with 8334 shares
    Between 2010 and now the company changed names ownership to Swan to Eastern Gold Fields to Ora Banda Mining. Along with more share consolidations I ended up with 56 OBM shares (I did not sell any since my original purchase). Then I received $12 as part of the compulsory buy back for small holders since on only had 56 shares left.

So overall I lost $9K, and learned a lesson.

Not saying that OBM may not be about to turn things around. But be careful with promises from any small cap companies with promises of "soon to be producing gold". I am currently heavily into NTL so not sure if I need to be taking my own advice above

Hi Chippie, gold mining companies don,t always live up to the promotional hype. They have been described as a company which has a fool with a shovel at the bottom of the hole, and a fast talking salesman at the top of the hole . Having said that I hold Evolution EVN : Golden Road Resources GOR, and Saracen SAR, all on the ASX and they are all producing the stuff in a mining friendly country.

I like the "saying" Airedale. I think it is probably right for some but luckily not all. Just have to spread the net wide to increase your chances. cheers