sharetrader
Page 826 of 871 FirstFirst ... 326726776816822823824825826827828829830836 ... LastLast
Results 8,251 to 8,260 of 8708

Thread: Gold

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Crypto Crude View Post
    What The global financial crisis of 2008 proved to us is that all asset values crashed... this would also include crypto...
    And its coming...
    I suspect late this year or early 2022 inline with a crypto besr market...
    Stocks are 100% in bubble territory...
    The valuation of Tesla makes crypto look like a tame pup...

cc
    True gold has its booms and busts like all assets perhaps apart from NZ residential housing that the NZ government will do more for than any other asset class?)

However with relation to crypto/gold I think unlike for crypto, there will be a jewellery market for gold which may provide a floor, albeit at perhaps a low level, to any drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    True gold has its booms and busts like all assets perhaps apart from NZ residential housing that the NZ government will do more for than any other asset class?)

However with relation to crypto/gold I think unlike for crypto, there will be a jewellery market for gold which may provide a floor, albeit at perhaps a low level, to any drop.
    Gold doesnt go up much in value so when the global economy turns it also then doesnt fall as much in value...
    Crypto does not have a physical jewellery market but it has many other facets like Defi and NFTs and many many projects that have real world cases...
    cc

cc

Should be buddy...
    You couldnt have possibly called it anymore wrong than you have...
    That is why the others like blackpeter and balance dont talk about crypto anymore...
    cc
    there has been many bubbles throughout history BTC will go down as one of the largest ..

BTC is a gambling vehicle at best. The corruption, the “missing money “, Bitcoin has zero trust. No one wants it, if you keep up with fin tech. yet here the circle of elites are on Twitter promising to make everyone else rich if they follow along. You are their exit strategy CC ...
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Should be buddy...
    You couldnt have possibly called it anymore wrong than you have...
    That is why the others like blackpeter and balance dont talk about crypto anymore...
    cc
    there has been many bubbles throughout history BTC will go down as one of the largest ..

From twitter >>> some posts I like>
    BTC is a gambling vehicle at best. The corruption, the “missing money “, Bitcoin has zero trust. No one wants it, if you keep up with fin tech. yet here the circle of elites are on Twitter promising to make everyone else rich if they follow along. You are their exit strategy>>>>

checkout this link ...
    file:///var/folders/xv/cfqv4c6x7k91z8374tjfzyr40000gn/T/TemporaryItems/NSIRD_screencaptureui_nc0zP7/Screen%20Shot%202021-02-20%20at%2011.45.39%20PM.png
    Last edited by JBmurc; 20-02-2021 at 11:50 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post

BTC is a gambling vehicle at best. The corruption, the “missing money “, Bitcoin has zero trust. No one wants it, if you keep up with fin tech. yet here the circle of elites are on Twitter promising to make everyone else rich if they follow along. You are their exit strategy CC ...
    Not in the Crypto thing at all but had a wee dart at DCC who have a few bitcoin as investments, in 7.8c out at 11.5c, since retreated... they have some interesting investments including a digital gold platform backed by actual gold...

Even more interesting Warren Buffett has reduced all gold exposure, usually he'd be accumulating at these levels.

Still have all my physical silver so enjoying the wee run and feel more to go, can also see Gold moving back towards US2000/oz next 3 - 6 months, am watching support levels though, seems to be holding above 200 day ma

My direct gold exposure currently is with DEG, I like the story re Hemi, also have a few CBY although mostly copper

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post

doubled up in error
    Last edited by shasta; 21-02-2021 at 01:20 AM. Reason: doubled up in error

Jbmurc you have been calling bitcoin a bubble and all sorts of names for at least the last 10,000% of returns...
    The nerve of you to be so ethical but yet you invest in unethical resource stocks all for profit

Oh no Shasta !
    What a blunder!
    The one opportunity to really get ahead ...
    Its not too late...
    Crypto is going big this year real real big ...

Not at least diversfying into crypto is Pure negligence to one's wealth...
    Its safe to say that Finance and investing is not for you !
    You would be Better off playing kick ball

Hi Shasta, Buffet,s recent buy...Barrick...at the top of the current market, then he sold after a few months at the bottom....is puzzling. It goes against all his buy and hold strategies. Helpful comments, or theories from anyone?

Airedale,
    We are in historical stock market bubble pop...
    When it actually unfolds is anyone's guess, I figured it would be later into the year next year but I guess he's seeing we are in a mega mega bubble and is quietly moving his money away now...
    And,
    Even though he is not meant to have any more information than anyone else, he would ... so it could also be specific to the company aswell...

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta
    Not in the Crypto thing at all but had a wee dart at DCC who have a few bitcoin as investments, in 7.8c out at 11.5c, since retreated... they have some interesting investments including a digital gold platform backed by actual gold...

Even more interesting Warren Buffett has reduced all gold exposure, usually he'd be accumulating at these levels.

Still have all my physical silver so enjoying the wee run and feel more to go, can also see Gold moving back towards US2000/oz next 3 - 6 months, am watching support levels though, seems to be holding above 200 day ma

My direct gold exposure currently is with DEG, I like the story re Hemi, also have a few CBY although mostly copper
    Yes You either believe in magic or you believe in math. If you believe in math, buy gold.... as it seems monetary policy is being run in a belief of pure Magic that creating Larger and Larger Bubbles will all just deflate nice and orderly ...

As to Silver Bullion yes I'm still holding and will continue to add to my own real kiwi-saver

As to Bitcoin .... when you compare it to Silver its polar opposites ... one is cheaper than it was 40yrs ago the other is up 50,000x its value last 10yrs

One is used in 10,000+ applications the other has Zero Utility value..

One would not be here if it wasn't for the other >>(I did a poll on Twitter the Question what would you give up ... Silver or Crypto in any form... only got votes from Crypto Bugs ... so they basically didn't ever want to use most technology ever again .. thats how stupid they are throw out your smart phones computers anything with a chip, switch anything that needs an excellent conductor of heat and electricity .. )

One has limited near surface supplies the other is a "Digitally randomly generated hexadecimal 256 bit number" that could be replicated by anyone !! trillions of time a day ...

Great piece by the programmer thats into AI and machine learning..
    https://twitter.com/InvestmentDrone/...573889/photo/1
    Last edited by JBmurc; 21-02-2021 at 05:17 PM.