sharetrader
Page 838 of 871 FirstFirst ... 338738788828834835836837838839840841842848 ... LastLast
Results 8,371 to 8,380 of 8703

Thread: Gold

Quote Originally Posted by denpal View Post
    China has now banned crypto as a means of payment! Good for PMs I'd say.
    https://www.news.com.au/finance/mark...200494cdc79bf0

Bitcoin now down to $US39k. I wonder if Cryptocrude is still so utterly messianic?
    Yes and going to go MUCH lower >>>
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

This is the article I read that really made me dubious of cryptocurrencies, and it seems they are being outlawed more and more:

https://crypto-anonymous-2021.medium.com/

Advanced Member

Gold US$1899 overnight, looking strong.

I notice that the London Exchange seem to consistently be the party poopers, while they are open the price weakens..

Any opinions or theories on why that is?
    Last edited by Getty; 26-05-2021 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    Gold US$1899 overnight, looking strong.

I notice that the London Exchange seem to consistently be the party poopers, while they are open the price weakens..

Any opinions or theories on why that is?

The financial pages and the internet are awash with theories/analysis/ conspiracy theories. The long term trend is still up and the US$ index is still going down. That is the bigger picture.

Permanent Newbie

Time to bail out of gold miners or buy some more?

I guess the process might be, "if" central banks raise interest rates in a meaningful way, the economy crashes and gold goes up again once the money printing starts increasing to save the economy. Maybe sell now and buy back in when interest rates head down again?

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Time to bail out of gold miners or buy some more?

I guess the process might be, "if" central banks raise interest rates in a meaningful way, the economy crashes and gold goes up again once the money printing starts increasing to save the economy. Maybe sell now and buy back in when interest rates head down again?
    #Gold has been selling off despite #inflation data that's much worse than expected because investors also naively expect the #Fed to successfully contain inflation before it becomes a problem. Gold will surge once investors finally figure out that inflation can't be contained.-Peter SChiff

Basel III revaluation of gold to tier 1 asset on 28 June not far away ... how this prices Gold going forward will be interesting

https://seekingalpha.com/article/443...gold-investors

I did recently dumped the last of my OBM holding after the demand for more funds I now see Hawkspoint selling down a few shares ... they hold like 40% of OBM >>>

reduced my CNB/MAG position last week ... have moved portfolio towards Energy play CUE ...+ BBUS (short on the SP500)

still holding WWI + LCD as my pure Gold plays with CNB MAG AGC LRS having other base metal projects ... prob least amount of Pure Gold plays on the portfolio I've had for over a year.... see how the 2H21 plays out will prob keep my portfolio mix to less than a third pure Gold plays....

PGM getting crushed overnight pure paper trading Palladium supply is very tight yet the price dropped 11% overnight >>>

Will try and take some of my POD profits ..but could be crushed like CHN will be today ...
    Last edited by JBmurc; 18-06-2021 at 09:19 AM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Permanent Newbie

No winter ski holiday for me this year paid for from gold speculations, sadly.

The people still banging on about gold are generally like Peter Schiff involved in buying and selling it.

Although lots of commentators still recommend some as an insurance policy against armaggeddon.

Fuel costs heading up, possibly interest costs heading up (unlikely) a couple of big inputs for miners getting more expensive. Who knows prices move up and down.
    Last edited by Aaron; 18-06-2021 at 10:39 AM.

Peter Schiff is honestly one of the biggest weasels of all time... He barely knows what he's talking about...

Quote Originally Posted by Crypto Crude View Post
    Peter Schiff is honestly one of the biggest weasels of all time... He barely knows what he's talking about...
    I certainly wouldn't invest my funds into his fund ... but I do agree with some of his comments ..he's certainly not as bad as some guys like telling people to sell their homes and leverage into Crypto near the recent top the worse ...

Quote Originally Posted by Crypto Crude View Post
    I certainly wouldn't invest my funds into his fund ... but I do agree with some of his comments ..he's certainly not as bad as some guys like telling people to sell their homes and leverage into Crypto near the recent top the worse ...