sharetrader
Page 847 of 871 FirstFirst ... 347747797837843844845846847848849850851857 ... LastLast
Results 8,461 to 8,470 of 8705

Thread: Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Crypto Crude View Post
    Someone brings up the topic I feel entitled to reply...
    If you go back through the thread this is merely what I have done !..
    You mad...
    Your missing out on opportunity of a lifetime here...
    When I was a young fella, my sister in law was single and thought she would take a big punt on the racehorses, she won $21,000 which was a fortune then, like you could buy houses for $40 k.

The next week we all put bets on the horses, and lost it all. Just goes to show lucky gambling doesnt mean it will continue or we will all be lucky. Virtuually even though everyone thinks Crypto is a mainstream "investment" , it isnt. Its nothing, new cryptos are popping up all of the time. it like a cloud, one day poof and its all gone.

At least Gold is a store of wealth and a physical asset. Plus it is used, for many purposes. Yes and I have heard it all before, Bitcoin is exactly the same. Good luck with bitcoin, we have heard about million dollars being made quickly, but millionaires can be lost. for every winner there will be a loser. The crypto bubble will burst. All you will have left of any value will be gold.

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    When I was a young fella, my sister in law was single and thought she would take a big punt on the racehorses, she won $21,000 which was a fortune then, like you could buy houses for $40 k.

The next week we all put bets on the horses, and lost it all. Just goes to show lucky gambling doesnt mean it will continue or we will all be lucky. Virtuually even though everyone thinks Crypto is a mainstream "investment" , it isnt. Its nothing, new cryptos are popping up all of the time. it like a cloud, one day poof and its all gone.

At least Gold is a store of wealth and a physical asset. Plus it is used, for many purposes. Yes and I have heard it all before, Bitcoin is exactly the same. Good luck with bitcoin, we have heard about million dollars being made quickly, but millionaires can be lost. for every winner there will be a loser. The crypto bubble will burst. All you will have left of any value will be gold.
    Yes was watching the "Dark Side of the 90's" on Vice was a great watch around the DOT.com Boom Bust ...companies going from Billions to Bankrupt ..

Crypto the repeat ..
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Sounds like you and your sister in law were total boneheads....
    You had money to throw on horses but have no money for meaty investments... what a bonehead !!!...

You should go back through the thread and watch the videos I posted of Michael Saylor debating with some gold slug... in summary he destroys the pup... slays him...
    Sounds like your living in the past... you need a good mentor/coach
    ... someone who will put you straight....

cc
    Well, I think you are the bone head. Can't get much of a meaty investment at that time for a few hundred bucks. Well we thought my sister in law was taking a risk. She could now buy and sell you many thousands of times. Not my brag, but I know how many tens of millions she is worth now. So whose the bone head.

And she wouldn't invest in crypto in any means whatsoever.
    Last edited by bottomfeeder; 13-11-2021 at 03:16 PM.

That does not impress me...no innovation or foresight or even ability to adapt...
    A '10s of millions' is just a wasted billionaire...
    Sounds like a bonehead to me...
    cc
    Dont forget to take your meds tonight.

Sorry your investments arent working out for you, but its going to get worse. Get out of crypto. Crypto is not investing its gambling. Some make it many dont.
    Last edited by bottomfeeder; 13-11-2021 at 10:26 PM.

Permanent Newbie

Well golds time to shine didn't last long.

I look at the graphs at gold price.org but haven't explored the site fully so have no idea about volume or whether the gold market is set at the edges.

Non digital money with a natural restraint on supply should have some appeal in this crazy world of free money and digital dollars.
    Last edited by Aaron; 24-11-2021 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Well golds time to shine didn't last long.

I look at the graphs at gold price.org but haven't explored the site fully so have no idea about volume or whether the gold market is set at the edges.

Non digital money with a natural restraint on supply should have some appeal in this crazy world of free money and digital dollars.
    Lol my man !...

Gold is literally fools money...
    It is one of the lowest performing asset classes of all time...
    It does not earn passive incomes
    Transaction costs for buying physical gold is extreme...
    Storage is a problem...where do you store it?....
    Historically gold crashes with all other asset classes in global market crashes...

cc

Gold has just been crushed again by you know what.
    cc

Permanent Newbie

Gold has just been crushed again by you know what.
    cc
    Useful, helpful posts as always.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Useful, helpful posts as always.
    Thanks man
    Appreciate that...
    cc

Legend

Thanks man
    Appreciate that...
    cc

It must be time to buy Gold Miners & Explorers then ?

Some good candidates out there with 'interesting potential'

Thanks for the heads up - Crypto .. I'm eternally grateful for your observations

Being a bit contrarian in the high thermals - hope you dont mind if I help myself, while everyone is looking the other way