sharetrader
Page 852 of 871 FirstFirst ... 352752802842848849850851852853854855856862 ... LastLast
Results 8,511 to 8,520 of 8708

Thread: Gold

Permanent Newbie

Thanks for the views.

Capital intensive miners had low interest rates and low fuel costs to help profitability, but prices of both of these big inputs seem to be increasing.

Although I do not understand how it works, Russia has pegged the rouble to gold. Does this mean their central bank needs to purchase gold if it wants to increase their money supply?

Also a decent yield from a company that provides a necessary good or service appeals to me more than gold. Still a speculation for me but will hang in there for now as I do not trust central bankers to do the right thing and provide price stability.

Quote Originally Posted by airedale View Post
    Since the middle of last year the POG in Oz$ has gone from $2100 to $2400. So not spectacular but a decent 15% in 9 months. Some miners with good prospects have done better than that. I don't think that it is time to sell.
    Capital inflow to gold ETFs have gone to record highs for March.

Hi guys
    Remember the recent controversy on this thread about whether PMGOLD was classified as a Foreign Investment Fund? Well I sent them a message asking about it and this was the response, in part
    "In relation to your query, no the financial instrument you mentioned is not a FIF. It would be classified as a financial arrangement, therefore you would need to apply the financial arrangement rules for tax."
    DYOR

Gold chart looking interesting they say
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Yes, trying to pop! Graddhy on Twitter is getting excited he says it’s the best technical setup for gold in twenty years. He’s got some great charts, says don’t miss the commodities bull underway now.

Hi Winner, that is a nice cup and handle pattern forming. What is interesting is that the POG remains strong in the face of a strong US$ index. They are usually inversely related.

I bought some gold ten years ago when he world was going to end or something like that ....cost me just over NZ$2000

Taken nearly 10 years to get ahead ....now its nearly $3000 maybe I should sell

But may as well keep for the children to enjoy one day .... better tell them where its hidden
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I bought some gold ten years ago when he world was going to end or something like that ....cost me just over NZ$2000

Taken nearly 10 years to get ahead ....now its nearly $3000 maybe I should sell

But may as well keep for the children to enjoy one day .... better tell them where its hidden
    You picked the top last time maybe if you sell that would be a sign it is going higher.

Way to overexposed to gold miners currently and a couple of explorers. Tempted to sell down some as central banks might be starting to show some mettle also to not have too much in one sector that could be considered speculative.

On the other hand not wanting to miss the massive increase in the gold price I keep hearing about, but I have noticed that the youtube videos discussing the amazing future for gold generally are from people running companies selling gold.

Not sure what to do and thought writing this might help. Leaning towards selling some shares probably a bit of each company as I like the idea of company/mine diversity but don't want investments too small to care about, with lots of paperwork for very little invested.

I wish TeslaGod was still around his unshakeable faith in central banks might help me stay the course.

airedale and denpal's posts suggest technical analysis says an increase in the POG is possibly on the cards.

I guess I will sleep on it.

Tell me if you sell your gold Winner, I need a sign.
    Last edited by Aaron; 22-04-2022 at 02:55 PM.

Permanent Newbie

Glad I sold some of my gold holdings. I might be sad I did not sell more in a few more days/weeks/months.

Gold getting hammered along with the financial markets. Can't see QT continuing long with asset prices falling. Interest rates will also head back down. On that basis some gold mining exposure will be endurable in the current market.

Unfortunately miners also have to deal with input costs, mine life etc etc. I think I even read something from Beagle on a thread and he discussed investing in fixed interest. Maybe things are changing.

Not sure where to put the cash from my sell down but am happy to do nothing on days like today. Maybe DGL will be a buy soon.

Selling AAron ...must be about time to start buying undervalued Gold plays >>> I haven't had any pure Gold shares for some months after exiting WWI for a TAX loss ..

How much more bleeding will the market JUNE always see ASX TAX loss selling ... so we would likely see lows in this month>>
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu