sharetrader
Page 853 of 871 FirstFirst ... 353753803843849850851852853854855856857863 ... LastLast
Results 8,521 to 8,530 of 8703

Thread: Gold

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Selling AAron ...must be about time to start buying undervalued Gold plays >>> I haven't had any pure Gold shares for some months after exiting WWI for a TAX loss ..

How much more bleeding will the market JUNE always see ASX TAX loss selling ... so we would likely see lows in this month>>
    I just had too much invested in the gold producers. Gold has had plenty of chances to shine over the last couple of years and has not been spectacular.

I have faith that central bankers will destroy their currencies before letting asset prices fall (trickle down), but there is a small amount of doubt as maybe they may remember price stability is their main job and keep going with tightening, just hard to see it happening as there is so much debt that needs to be inflated away.

We may have already seen the peak in interest rates if we have a few more down days on the markets.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I bought some gold ten years ago when he world was going to end or something like that ....cost me just over NZ$2000

Taken nearly 10 years to get ahead ....now its nearly $3000 maybe I should sell

But may as well keep for the children to enjoy one day .... better tell them where its hidden
    I bought a few lovely old sovereigns about 5 years ago when interest rates were dropping. Maybe you could tell the kids they are buried underneath the mature compost heap and watch how quickly they help you spread the compost over the garden! Then when none are found, you can claim a "senior moment."

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I just had too much invested in the gold producers. Gold has had plenty of chances to shine over the last couple of years and has not been spectacular.

I have faith that central bankers will destroy their currencies before letting asset prices fall (trickle down), but there is a small amount of doubt as maybe they may remember price stability is their main job and keep going with tightening, just hard to see it happening as there is so much debt that needs to be inflated away.

We may have already seen the peak in interest rates if we have a few more down days on the markets.
    GFC2.0 coming Systematic contagious crash in all assets IMHO ... I'm dumping a big amount of my ASX Holdings while I still have some profits ....

STAGFLATION >>> I'm going continue to HOLD my O&G producers that are at stupid lows ..as I think energy supply destruction will be higher than Demand so will see spot prices hold up ...

GOLD will chance a BID but more so after the worst of the CRASH is over and the money printing - negative rates .. I'll be buying solid GOLD producers in time
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Permanent Newbie

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/fe...-yields-tumble

Already the language is softening, might be harder to stop a decline with the loss of billions of extra dollars each month with QT, can't see that lasting too long either. Like you say JB in the Newcrest thread once the printing starts again gold could do well. Cryptos have taken a beating apparently so might not seem as revolutionary on the way down so might be some new investors who have considered "what is currency" now looking at gold in a different light.

Not crypto crude obviously but hasn't he recently bought on the west coast. Doesn't like debt but invests in crypto, different ways at looking at risk I suppose.

I remember the 70's quite well.
    There was 2 spikes in gold and it reached $800 (3,200) in today's money early in 1980 before it collapsed.
    I am not selling my goldies,.

Permanent Newbie

Cheerleading Gold, David Einhorn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvbjYTebx88

He reckons the fed is getting criticised for raising rates into a recession but if it comes to fighting inflation or supporting the treasury (US govt) they will support the treasury and gold should do well with the Fed loosening into an inflationary spike.

Time will tell.

Cheerleading Gold, David Einhorn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvbjYTebx88

He reckons the fed is getting criticised for raising rates into a recession but if it comes to fighting inflation or supporting the treasury (US govt) they will support the treasury and gold should do well with the Fed loosening into an inflationary spike.

Time will tell.
    Yes we were talking about this back after the GFC with all the money printing and excessive debts ...how all the loose monetary policy would lead to high inflation that couldn't be fought without blowing up economies ..
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Yes we were talking about this back after the GFC with all the money printing and excessive debts ...how all the loose monetary policy would lead to high inflation that couldn't be fought without blowing up economies ..
    We never really got much inflation though. Seem to be getting it now despite demographics and computers pushing deflation. Maybe the central banks went a bit too crazy in 2020. Govts also gave printed money to the people rather than to banks.

The japanese are the leaders in money printing, the current movement in the yen could indicate a loss of faith in the yen is starting but I would have thought a loss of faith in a currency would be pretty abrupt and potentially catastrophic.

Who really knows what the future holds. Sounds like black gold is your new theme.

Do you still hold AGL?

Had a question for the TA crowd in the newbies section but went ahead and sold anyway last week. Glad I did but the share price is holding up pretty well.
    Last edited by Aaron; 13-06-2022 at 03:27 PM.

We never really got much inflation though. Seem to be getting it now despite demographics and computers pushing deflation. Maybe the central banks went a bit too crazy in 2020. Govts also gave printed money to the people rather than to banks.

The japanese are the leaders in money printing, the current movement in the yen could indicate a loss of faith in the yen is starting but I would have thought a loss of faith in a currency would be pretty abrupt and potentially catastrophic.

Who really knows what the future holds. Sounds like black gold is your new theme.

Do you still hold AGL?

Had a question for the TA crowd in the newbies section but went ahead and sold anyway last week. Glad I did but the share price is holding up pretty well.
    Never purchased AGL >> ....I'm mostly in Energy O&G and Energy future metals etc as stockpile levels are at record lows ..investment slashed during the TECH boom years and COVID issues .and now of course Russian cut out of the picture........overall a right cluster Fk .. the market at present is FEAR driven selling without care stressing about higher lending costs ....

Who knows when this FEAR subsides and reality kicks in ...limited low stockpile resources ... Hungry Billions of growing wealth masses and GOVT ..Banks that have endless printing presses and want voted back in .... so as usually BIG Spending rates be dammed!!

Do you still hold AGL?

Never purchased AGL >> ....I'm mostly in Energy O&G and Energy future metals etc as stockpile levels are at record lows ..investment slashed during the TECH boom years and COVID issues .and now of course Russian cut out of the picture........overall a right cluster Fk .. the market at present is FEAR driven selling without care stressing about higher lending costs ....

Who knows when this FEAR subsides and reality kicks in ...limited low stockpile resources ... Hungry Billions of growing wealth masses and GOVT ..Banks that have endless printing presses and want voted back in .... so as usually BIG Spending rates be dammed!!