sharetrader
Page 858 of 871 FirstFirst ... 358758808848854855856857858859860861862868 ... LastLast
Results 8,571 to 8,580 of 8708

Thread: Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I am an unsuccessful investor so take what I have to say with a grain of salt.

With a non-de-plume like ValueNZ you should have already read Warren Buffetts view. A lump of shiny metal that provides no yield.

Personally I see it as a currency speculation. One of these days after the next announcement of more money printing people will lose faith in fiat currencies (and fiat currencies only have value if we all believe) and gold will stand out as the only currency that has stood the test of time and cannot be easily increased. I had read somewhere that gold production roughly matched the growing world population but don't know if that is true.

Unfortunately, golds value without a yield and not much industrial use at current prices (not including jewellery) is also a faith based investment. While central banks continue to print money as well as maintain gold holdings as part of their currency reserves it gives me hope that it may work as a speculation but most likely it will do what it always has done which is to maintain its value in terms of other commodities and useful things. A plan B, maybe if we lose faith in fiat currencies due to excesses by central bankers. It might be that era of excess is over as central bankers come across as more responsible these days and inflation deals with the debt build up.
    Over the last decade Robert K from Rich Dad , Poor Dad fame has been very public on Gold.

This reading was published early in 2023. https://news.bitcoin.com/robert-kiyo...to-75-in-2023/

Robert has always advocated for CASHFLOW (of which Gold provides none) so Gold as a Hedge in these volatile Macro finance times provides this.

I am an unsuccessful investor so take what I have to say with a grain of salt.

With a non-de-plume like ValueNZ you should have already read Warren Buffetts view. A lump of shiny metal that provides no yield.

Personally I see it as a currency speculation. One of these days after the next announcement of more money printing people will lose faith in fiat currencies (and fiat currencies only have value if we all believe) and gold will stand out as the only currency that has stood the test of time and cannot be easily increased. I had read somewhere that gold production roughly matched the growing world population but don't know if that is true.

Unfortunately, golds value without a yield and not much industrial use at current prices (not including jewellery) is also a faith based investment. While central banks continue to print money as well as maintain gold holdings as part of their currency reserves it gives me hope that it may work as a speculation but most likely it will do what it always has done which is to maintain its value in terms of other commodities and useful things. A plan B, maybe if we lose faith in fiat currencies due to excesses by central bankers. It might be that era of excess is over as central bankers come across as more responsible these days and inflation deals with the debt build up.
    With full respect, Buffett has bought Gold. https://resourceworld.com/warren-buf...ts%20portfolio.

Albeit businesses making It and selling It

Hot off the Press this morning from Steve; one of my favourite Aussies.

Silver and Gold Analysis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9DIybefGTg

DISC: Have followed Finance Uncut Podcast / Channel for last 18 months. Highly Recommended. The Library of Vids worth checking out if you are new to this commodity space

Permanent Newbie

Personally I see it as a currency speculation. One of these days after the next announcement of more money printing people will lose faith in fiat currencies (and fiat currencies only have value if we all believe) and gold will stand out as the only currency that has stood the test of time and cannot be easily increased.
    This article if correct confirms what I think about gold.
    https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/ce...d-losses-mount

And Mistymountain I did get excited when Berkshire bought into Barrack Mining (I Think) but Warren must have found out and they sold it not long after.

Why the big fall in precious metal prices overnight... ? Silver down 4%...

Quote Originally Posted by Crypto Crude View Post
    Why the big fall in precious metal prices overnight... ? Silver down 4%...
    Obvious really. The US$ index {which is on its way down} staged a relief rally and rose. Index has been looking oversold.Expect a bit of backing and filling at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by airedale View Post
    Obvious really. The US$ index {which is on its way down} staged a relief rally and rose. Index has been looking oversold.Expect a bit of backing and filling at this level.
    Thanks man

Permanent Newbie

Great couple of days for gold. With each bailout, first the UK guilts now Silicon Valley Bank people might be starting to realise how worthless fiat currencies are becoming. If faith and trust in fiat currencies ever disappears things could change rapidly.

Anything bad that happens in the financial system will be met with money printing and lower interest rates. Default or inflation. I know which way I am betting. Pay rises for all, just not as much as inflation, everyone is happy. Higher deposit rates, fantastic, only 3% below the inflation rate, things are looking good.

What cost of living crisis? everyone knows that printing (or borrowing) more money and giving it to people will cure the cost of living crisis.
    Last edited by Aaron; 14-03-2023 at 08:44 AM.

Great couple of days for gold. With each bailout, first the UK guilts now Silicon Valley Bank people might be starting to realise how worthless fiat currencies are becoming. If faith and trust in fiat currencies ever disappears things could change rapidly.

Anything bad that happens in the financial system will be met with money printing and lower interest rates. Default or inflation. I know which way I am betting. Pay rises for all, just not as much as inflation, everyone is happy. Higher deposit rates, fantastic, only 3% below the inflation rate, things are looking good.

What cost of living crisis? everyone knows that printing (or borrowing) more money and giving it to people will cure the cost of living crisis.
    My target for GOLD has and will stay at much higher levels aka $4-5000oz USD ...
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    My target for GOLD has and will stay at much higher levels aka $4-5000oz USD ...
    I hope you are right.