sharetrader
Page 865 of 871 FirstFirst ... 365765815855861862863864865866867868869 ... LastLast
Results 8,641 to 8,650 of 8708

Thread: Gold

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mistymountain View Post
    Bollocks!

Speculation implies Hope for a Blow Off Price Spike Top in any Asset Class. Usually commodities. And Yes! This could happen to Au (like Uranium beginning to Do) with a rapid Price hike over 3 years to US$3000 +

But

Invest in Gold in:

The Miners (many have healthy Dividend Yields) on the ASX and US Markets. Plenty of Blue Chip stocks if you prefer safer options.
    The Royalty Companies: low risk but income stream guaranteed. Many have growing Yields as their Royalties increase. Most are quarterly too. Tho Oil and Gas ones monthly. Can't beat cold hard cash to reinvest each month! Yup... Reinvest...

Cheers

DISC: Hold Physical Au, Hold and Buying: Royal Gold, Barrick, Van Eck ETF, Franco Nevada, Gold Royalty , Sandstorm, Perseus, Evolution, Northern Star, Newmont , and various Junior Small Caps.

Two different things my friend. Nobody was talking about companies....

However, everything you mentioned still hinges on the price of Gold which cannot be predicted and has a massive speculative element.

Investing is something that upon thorough analysis, promises safety of principal and a satisfactory return.

Your thoughts on what speculation implies are completely off, nobody has ever defined it like that before you...

Looks like a great portfolio you have there!

Banned

And , before I forget, Buy Physical to Own. Simply Own. No Investment or Speculation Motivation. Just Own.

https://goldprice.org/

Over 20 years of learning about Finance , Gold has increased in NZ$ over 434% . That's not a bad place to store NZ $. Bring on the next 20 years....

Stocks outperform Gold by 11,700% per year. Not a typo, do the math before asking stupid questions. Admittedly that is only a 200 year data set. Te reasons are obvious.

Oh so we just compound out the last 20 years to discover what the next 20 will bring? Nice work there Sport
    Last edited by SailorRob; 29-11-2023 at 09:46 PM.

Bollocks!

Speculation implies Hope for a Blow Off Price Spike Top in any Asset Class. Usually commodities. And Yes! This could happen to Au (like Uranium beginning to Do) with a rapid Price hike over 3 years to US$3000 +

But

Invest in Gold in:

The Miners (many have healthy Dividend Yields) on the ASX and US Markets. Plenty of Blue Chip stocks if you prefer safer options.
    The Royalty Companies: low risk but income stream guaranteed. Many have growing Yields as their Royalties increase. Most are quarterly too. Tho Oil and Gas ones monthly. Can't beat cold hard cash to reinvest each month! Yup... Reinvest...

Cheers

DISC: Hold Physical Au, Hold and Buying: Royal Gold, Barrick, Van Eck ETF, Franco Nevada, Gold Royalty , Sandstorm, Perseus, Evolution, Northern Star, Newmont , and various Junior Small Caps.
    I would suggest investing in miners as a proxy to gold provides far more leverage to the price than just investing in gold. That applies to both the up & downs of course.

I have far more exposure to gold through gold miners than I do actually directly to gold. In fact sometimes I trade gold to hedge my exposure to gold companies & I have done that quite a bit lately.

Any small cap junior gold stocks you think look interesting?
    Last edited by Daytr; 30-11-2023 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SailorRob View Post
    Stocks outperform Gold by 11,700% per year. Not a typo, do the math before asking stupid questions. Admittedly that is only a 200 year data set. Te reasons are obvious.

Oh so we just compound out the last 20 years to discover what the next 20 will bring? Nice work there Sport
    I think investing in mining is going be very well rewarded for the rest of this decade ... but I do think there is a good case for the likes of the Nasdaq100 to have a major correction within the next year ...

why I'm buying up Sibanye-stillwater shares 7%+ yield (NDX 1.6%)I see safety in a MEGA miner with muti projects size and scale downstream operations Vs spec end smaller producers with much more risks

but also holding a large SNAS position = short NDX and will continue to hold into the new year
    Last edited by JBmurc; 30-11-2023 at 12:09 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    I think investing in mining is going be very well rewarded for the rest of this decade ... but I do think there is a good case for the likes of the Nasdaq100 to have a major correction within the next year ...

why I'm buying up Sibanye-stillwater shares 7%+ yield (NDX 1.6%)I see safety in a MEGA miner with muti projects size and scale downstream operations Vs spec end smaller producers with much more risks

but also holding a large SNAS position = short NDX and will continue to hold into the new year
    Any thoughts on gold from here JB?
    Do you think it can go on from here and take out the highs from April?

For gold and silver iit is just a matter of when, not if.

Quote Originally Posted by ynot View Post
    For gold and silver iit is just a matter of when, not if.
    When & if not ynot ?

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Any thoughts on gold from here JB?
    Do you think it can go on from here and take out the highs from April?
    Yes I think Gold can really grow some legs ..esp if we see central banks forced to drop rates in the new year as the recession kicks into high gear and we see major correction in equities ..flight to safety etc
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Yes I think Gold can really grow some legs ..esp if we see central banks forced to drop rates in the new year as the recession kicks into high gear and we see major correction in equities ..flight to safety etc
    Cheers JB, I agree in the medium term, short term I think the cost of carry will see gold lower.
    But not fussed either way as my gold stocks will outperform on a higher price.

Thanks to more recent posters with your positive approach towards Gold Investing and Speculating. I appreciate that as we are here to learn and grow our skills on our collective Financial journeys....

I agree with all your comments and sentiments.

DayTr Question on Small Caps worth a Reply. Please DYOR. I Hold small spec holdings in ASX : Santana (busy exploring in Otago), Antilles (ASX: in Cuba...), Far East Gold, Siren (Reefton), Eagle Mountain. All these are: Spec only. I expect no capital gain until Financial Markets correct caused by a Debt Crisis caused by US Interest Bill on US Sovereign Debt . Trigger could be US commercial real estate debt burden. Most are at rock bottom prices and may need more Capital raises to survive...

Buying Santana and Siren is easier and warmer than taking my Gold pan to those awesome parts of the South Island...

Cheers