sharetrader
Page 868 of 871 FirstFirst ... 368768818858864865866867868869870871 LastLast
Results 8,671 to 8,680 of 8708

Thread: Gold

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I got some gold when world was falling apart 12 or so years ago ….cost me about nz$2,000 Oz

Suppose a 65% gain over that time reasonable

Hope it’s still where I buried it
    Shouldn't the real inflation adjusted return be 0% as it is just a currency that holds its value over time?

Gold just broke back thru previous highs as expected. Gave up its 4% gain in the same day.
    Let's see what the US does.
    Pleased I offloaded some of my gold stocks.
    Am short at $2132.
    Let's see what overnight trading does.

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Gold just broke back thru previous highs as expected. Gave up its 4% gain in the same day.
    Let's see what the US does.
    Pleased I offloaded some of my gold stocks.
    Am short at $2132.
    Let's see what overnight trading does.
    Might drop my bid price for more GAU.TSX shares tonight .... still healthy pullback ...think most of its coming from FED comments of maybe another rise in rates could still be on the table ... but IMHO OIL heading downwards inflation surely will not see this and more so rates on HOLD till the NASDAQ tech sector tips over early to mid 24
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Might drop my bid price for more GAU.TSX shares tonight .... still healthy pullback ...think most of its coming from FED comments of maybe another rise in rates could still be on the table ... but IMHO OIL heading downwards inflation surely will not see this and more so rates on HOLD till the NASDAQ tech sector tips over early to mid 24
    Down 6% from its highs. Volatile day!
    There's a bit of support around here or 2020, otherwise it could be back to $1940ish.

Permanent Newbie

There's a bit of support around here or 2020, otherwise it could be back to $1940ish.
    I have been enjoying some schadenfreude at your gold short but looks like that ended last night. Looks like you might be right after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I have been enjoying some schadenfreude at your gold short but looks like that ended last night. Looks like you might be right after all.
    It's was a small position hedging my much larger gold mining stock holding. Served its purpose & yes paid back some of the hedge losses yesterday.

Yes even with the GOLD price pull-back non of these TSX GAU S/Hs wanted to sell me any more than a token amount of shares ....maybe tonight ... Where Gold goes over the next couple weeks will be interesting I'm 50/50 it going even higher and stay above 2100oz or retreating to the mid 1900's
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Membaa

It's looking like fail #3 on the cup and handle breakout https://invst.ly/12j4aa

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    It's looking like fail #3 on the cup and handle breakout https://invst.ly/12j4aa
    Thanks Baa_Baa, So what does that say to you where gold is heading?

Membaa

Thanks Baa_Baa, So what does that say to you where gold is heading?
    Right now? down, but let's look at it later this week, haste has no purpose with Gold. imo.