sharetrader
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by wbosher View Post
    To get the AU$29 rate you must be trading in Aussie currency and have an Aussie bank account. If you're trading out of a NZ account, I beleive it's AU$40.
    Don't think so, I trade (should I say invest long term in case the IRD are reading this!) Aussie shares thru them with settlement thru their NZ call account - long term and infrequent account so not to worried about exchange rate, still only get charged the $29.90.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Don't think so, I trade (should I say invest long term in case the IRD are reading this!) Aussie shares thru them with settlement thru their NZ call account - long term and infrequent account so not to worried about exchange rate, still only get charged the $29.90.
    Sorry, I forgot about NZ call account. The $40 applies if you are trading out of your own NZ bank account. This is what I used to do until I wised up.

Bought some shares on the ASX through ASB Securities online broking, paying through the Cash Management Account. Was charged a total of 0.3% - AU$38.85 brokerage + AU$14.82 Agency Fee. Two questions:
    1) What is the 'agency fee'?
    2) Does this brokerage sound right or is there any economical alternative?

Cheapest ASX broker is Interactive Brokers @ $6! But they're a bit of a mission to fund (wire transfer or stock transfer) and you need to be able to run their client through a firewall (there is a cutdown website based platform you can use however). You also need to pay for data, $30 a month I think it is