sharetrader
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Passive Index Funds

Are the only passive index funds available in NZ the smart shares ones?

Like TENZ, FONZ, OZZY, WINZ, etc? These are all exchange traded funds but where are just managed funds that aren't ETF that are still tracking an index?

Smartshares are TNZ, MDZ, MZY, OZY & FNZ, WIN is run by AMP investments.

Those are the only passive ETF's on NZX.

Other funds on NZX are the european trusts, BIT, CDN, EUT, FCS, FCT, HFL, HRP, JFJ, JMO, TCL, TEM & WIT.
    ~ * ~ De Peones a Reinas ~ * ~

Quote Originally Posted by Silverlight View Post
    Smartshares are TNZ, MDZ, MZY, OZY & FNZ, WIN is run by AMP investments.

Those are the only passive ETF's on NZX.

Other funds on NZX are the european trusts, BIT, CDN, EUT, FCS, FCT, HFL, HRP, JFJ, JMO, TCL, TEM & WIT.
    I'm not talking about ETF's or ones on the NZX. I mean just managed funds provided by companies such as AMP, ING, etc, etc.

https://www.sovereign.co.nz/story_im...nit__s1900.pdf

Is something like this ideal?

Or why wouldn't I just invest in WINZ myself and avoid the 5% entry fee and 1.4% on-going management fee? Where else are passive international share funds?

(I'm mainly looking for these as Mary Holm goes on about how great they are... If I can find the bloody things!)

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    Email Mary ans ask her to provide more info. She's generally pretty responsive.
    Really? I've emailed her roughly a handful of times and have never got a response....

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by ENP View Post
    I'm not talking about ETF's or ones on the NZX. I mean just managed funds provided by companies such as AMP, ING, etc, etc.
    I understand that ASB have an NZ Shares Trust which is described as a Passive Trust. I don't know which Index it follows but it is also a PIE to boot. So, there you are, a PASSIVE PIE - what more could a fellow (or fellowess) want!

https://www.sovereign.co.nz/story_im...nit__s1900.pdf

Is something like this ideal?

Or why wouldn't I just invest in WINZ myself and avoid the 5% entry fee and 1.4% on-going management fee? Where else are passive international share funds?

(I'm mainly looking for these as Mary Holm goes on about how great they are... If I can find the bloody things!)
    If you have enough money then create your own index- just buy about 20 or so shares and call it the ENP Index. Throw some darts, pick them based on your star sign, birthdate, etc. Much more fun that way.

Only worth it if you have about $100K or so though, otherwise the brokerage eats up a lot of it.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by COLIN View Post
    I understand that ASB have an NZ Shares Trust which is described as a Passive Trust. I don't know which Index it follows but it is also a PIE to boot. So, there you are, a PASSIVE PIE - what more could a fellow (or fellowess) want!
    They use to and they also allow you to drip feed in (ie $100 pm) which is expense for shares. Check what your current bank provide as well.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Ok great, thanks for all the tips, there are a few around that I can Find, ASB is one of them, Sovereign have another, AMP, and a few other ones. I'll do my research and have a deeper look.

Ok great, thanks for all the tips, there are a few around that I can Find, ASB is one of them, Sovereign have another, AMP, and a few other ones. I'll do my research and have a deeper look.
    Superlife have an international passive fund with fairly low fees.
    There are quite a number on the Australian exchange. These have much lower fees than any NZ passive fund, although I am not sure how tax effective they are: http://www.asx.com.au/products/etfs_etcs/index.htm