sharetrader
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: New Format

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by whirly View Post
    I think Ill get used to it but being an old luddite myself I will need retraining. I have always used search function by entering ticker i.e RDR and then viewing by posts. Today I enter tickers and "no results found" is all I get. I even searched "PRC" same result. Can someone help me here.
    By default the database only allowed search terms of 4 chars or more! I've just changed this to 3 chars so it should work for stock symbols. This should start working tomorrow, as I will have to rebuild the search index in the wee hours so as not to kill the server...

Lovely, thank you.

W.

Hey Vicky,

Loving the new layout as a whole.. These things always take some time to get used to.. The Web 2.0 color scheme is all good, but the contrasts between the colors could be a bit greater I think as it starts to blur a bit (darker headings maybe, as bull.. suggests?)

One other thing.. I personally keep quite a few tabs open so its nice to know which one is sharetrader; that appears to be gone now, with the page title just the name of the sub-forum. Can be hard to work out at a glance; maybe it could just have sharetrader at the end (i.e ASX - Sharetrader)?
    Last edited by trackers; 25-02-2010 at 11:16 AM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vicky View Post
    Thanks everyone for your feedback. Trader_Tech has been working hard behind the scenes on the site speed and improving our search function; not to mention the most recent hacking event.

Appreciate the comments on the default colours; we'll try and get the contrast a bit more user friendly this afternoon, so we appreciate your patience with this!
    Thanks Vicky,
    Hopefully you can get the colours/differentiation sorted. As for Headings...have at look at Sharescene.com.au. Very clear and concise and easy on the eye.

aAARGH... i cant work it. Seems to me search only works on posts since the new format. I also cant show "users posts" or threads started by me or anyone else.

Administrator

correct... as above:
    "This should start working tomorrow, as I will have to rebuild the search index in the wee hours so as not to kill the server... "

doh! I also cannot retain information for more than 4 posts! As you were...

Quote Originally Posted by whirly View Post
    doh! I also cannot retain information for more than 4 posts! As you were...
    LMAO!! Just going to bed as I read that - I cracked up. So dry. I love it!

Maybe it's just me, but I quite like this new forum. Easy to navigate and easy to find new posts etc. No trouble. Maybe it's just because I'm younger... *Coughs* Errrm ok I'm off to bed now

PS: Gota admit the smileys are somewhat less distinct as everyone says.
    "Contrariwise", continued Tweedledee, "If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't.
    "Today is already the tomorrow which the bad economist yesterday urged us to ignore" H Hazlitt

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Question What do you call these things

Emoticons? Smileys? Icons? Mood Defining Symbols?

Anyway whatever these things [:o:mad:] are called it would be better if they were large enough to be able to distinguish your from your or your :o from your without resorting to some sort of magnifying enhancement.

regards
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Administrator

The search index has been rebuilt so you should be able to search by stock symbol - give it a whirl, whirly

Also, I agree that these smilies suck.