BTW - I looked at last years accounts filed at the Companies Office (still waiting for this years). The Goodwill changes were recorded on the income statement - which is good news for the use of the write down to offset tax, in my view.

Invessi, you point out the insurance product diversification ...

Quote Originally Posted by Invessi
NZF are going to roll out a comprehensive range of insurance products shortly of which they are the underwriter of premiums, this could go well for them given that they have built in distribution through Mike Pero brokers/insurance writers and the brokers/insurance writers who agregate through NZF. The other advantage they have is that a lot of general insurance writers are either retiring or not wishing to go through the new education process, this should widen the market for NZF.
This is important news ... to me it speaks of a a company willing to invest in the NZ financial services sector and to innovate (cf the recent Residental Mortgage Backed Securities issue). I think your point about other companies retreating from the market also applies to a wider set of financial services. If they can sort the capitalisation issues - the future should be very bright.