sharetrader
Page 43 of 49 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Akane View Post
    And the current trade price is dead smack on $3.70, people selling are assuming the SIA will be fully discounted, people buying are aiming for $4.45.... sounds like we can't lose by holding instead of selling at $3.70, unless you need the money right now.
    Seems that punters selling now are saying that there is a very high chance of a pandemic impact (lockdown) in NZ, NSW and Queensland before December
    Last edited by winner69; 31-08-2020 at 03:07 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Seems that punters selling now are saying that there is a very high chance of a pandemic impact (lockdown) in NZ, NSW and Queensland before December
    Or more like they think ABA will **** it up somehow.....

I guess the mentality is a dollar today is worth more than a dollar tomorrow. They're selling and cash up so they can invest elsewhere. Fair call.

I am riding this till the end, my aim to get at least $4.20 per share

What if another buyer comes in with a higher offer? Can Abano reject this current offer?

Quote Originally Posted by Akane View Post
    I guess the mentality is a dollar today is worth more than a dollar tomorrow. They're selling and cash up so they can invest elsewhere. Fair call.

I am riding this till the end, my aim to get at least $4.20 per share
    So you expecting a couple of lockdowns.

My point really was the ABA share price is a proxy betting market for pandemic events
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

So you expecting a couple of lockdowns.

My point really was the ABA share price is a proxy betting market for pandemic events
    I am expecting some form of discount, not all of them but my guesstimate is that the price will hover $4 - $4.20.

I won't be expecting the interim share price to rise higher, until we're closer to December when there's more certainty, unless the legal side of things block this, it will not go lower. If the courts clear this, it'll edge up as we are closer to December and less chance of a lock down. There's no right or wrong to sell lower at the market price or wait and see if there's a higher price, you can take your money now and put it on CBD and probably get more money, if the show goes on that is

Attachment 11909

Look at this, majority of CEOs have 20%-50% cutting on annual salary. Mr. Richard has a 20% salary lift with ****ting earning to shareholders. His compensation is above NZ listed market by more than 100% since 2019, where the bids started.

You never know what is behind, $3.70-$4.45 per share make me laugh. The previous bid was $5.7. Then pandemic started, the risk premium already reflect in SP drop.

Why the management team back the current bid? haha
    Last edited by flyinglizard; 01-09-2020 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rep View Post
    BGH are doing this deal alongside Ontario Teachers Pension Plan (OTPP) and it's a full takeover under a scheme of arrangement.
    It's unlikely as a part of this transaction that Abano would move from the NZX to the ASX as there would not be any further shares remaining on public issue. Notwithstanding that Bidco could ultimately divest via an IPO later.

BGH has already acquired a number of medical centres from Healius in Australia - a number that contain dental practices within them.

OTPP has previously been the majority shareholder in one of the largest dental businesses in the US, Heartland Dental Care but sold part of its holding and the majority stake in doing so to KKR in 2018.
    Heartland was the first US DSO to surpass the 1,000 supported practices mark in 2019.
    Thank for your response

All this potential extra dental awareness & care will hopefully will see a bit more money flow into the sector.
    Just in time for the new owners to cash in eh....

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political...om-300-to-1000
    https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political...ervices-policy
    https://www.greens.org.nz/health_policy

2.5 months away from implementation. obviously still a few more hurdles to jump through, but surely looking slightly less risky than a month ago looking at the deduction events.
    not much movement in the share price since the start of the month, so no upside priced in yet, with a potential of up to ~17%
    & worst case, the SA falls through (via vote or court), go through a cap raise and then look at the growth from potential new gov policy.
    this vs the opportunity cost of using funds elsewhere in the short term. hmmm.