sharetrader
Page 36 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

what was the reason for it to go up so much recently in this market? why dental industry??

I am expecting a mad rush to the dentists as soon as the lock down gets lifted(including me)

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12326585

May be good news for Abano...
    Last edited by carrom74; 22-04-2020 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Spell check

Quote Originally Posted by Manukatana View Post
    what was the reason for it to go up so much recently in this market? why dental industry??
    this recent announcement: https://www.nzx.com/announcements/351879 plus this snippet:

"while Bidco elected to terminate the Scheme, Bidco and its principals remain engaged with us and haveindicated that they are willing to explore whether there is an alternative potential transaction"

means the deal is not totally dead in the water.
    my guess is another offer will come through.
    It'll be way lower than the $5.70 though (which is fair in the current climate).
    maybe something around $4 bucks?? would punters take this though?

Until 2020 it was a reliable dividend payer 21 cents per year and up...Dental industry is pretty solid usually one would think. SP at end of 2019 was 5.10 so accumulating at these prices doesnt seem like a bad idea if one believes that normality will resume at some point. Current buying at 2.42 , if dividend is back to normal in a year or so would mean 10% +/- dividend yield and or plus probable recovery in SP. maybe some of the reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manukatana View Post
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by carrom74 View Post
    I am expecting a mad rush to the dentists as soon as the lock down gets lifted(including me)

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12326585

May be good news for Abano...
    Article on TV1 news tonight about dentists and challenges they are facing, and how long they were out for. Based on the dental councils recommendations, they estimated the PPE used to for each patient was going to be $80.....

so what do we make of the recent spike in share price? confidence back in dental??

I wish I'd bought more, $2.80 put me at 100% gain.
    Must be elimination and level 1?

This has been my best performing from my small portfolio. About 140% gain since I snapped them up in March. Could say that about a lot of shares I never purchased then but I can't complain

Why are people correlating share price movements to random little news events? You realise institutions buying and selling moves the share price right? not your speculation on level changes or how you think dental practices are affected.

There is also a large unfilled gap from a TA perspective probably being filled.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadalac123 View Post
    Why are people correlating share price movements to random little news events? You realise institutions buying and selling moves the share price right? not your speculation on level changes or how you think dental practices are affected.

There is also a large unfilled gap from a TA perspective probably being filled.
    Does it bother you that much? You do realise that people comment on every thread about events that may or may not affect movements. Or is it because of the lack of posts by the likes of myself and the previous 2 posts that made you say that? Either way, your comment didn't help much.