sharetrader
Page 30 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    but why Bob? What exactly caused your discontent, and why would you expect another provider to be better?
    Or is it just that you hate paying dentists bills? I know I do, as they always seem so extreme.
    Had a check-up - I thought was a reasonable/fair price, which included X-Rays. Needed a small filling - told I would need a 45 minute appointment. Appointment was only 5 minutes longer than the check-up and under half the 45 minutes, but was approx. 130% higher than the check-up.

Hard not to be cynical. I don't mind the fee necessarily, but want to feel like you get value for money, and not taking the yellow-coloured water.

Last dentist (in another city) was no better.

Yikes, bit of a roughie.

it's not the end of the world and at 6-7* FY19 underlying earnings it's not looking horrible from here... Maybe that free dentistry plan from govt will get through.
    I have a small holding that I may regret adding to from here .. time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Had a check-up - I thought was a reasonable/fair price, which included X-Rays. Needed a small filling - told I would need a 45 minute appointment. Appointment was only 5 minutes longer than the check-up and under half the 45 minutes, but was approx. 130% higher than the check-up.
    It could be the material they use for the filling?? Or is it just a flat fee for a filling and they try to churn them through.

I think transparency is the key to knowing whether you're getting value at a dentist , not something I've seen a lot of.
    Thanks for answering.
    I guess I'm interested because after years of paying so much for dentistry I'd like to think its a profitable business and now I can have a bit of that myself but need to do more homework on this one.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

percy

It could be the material they use for the filling?? Or is it just a flat fee for a filling and they try to churn them through.

I think transparency is the key to knowing whether you're getting value at a dentist , not something I've seen a lot of.
    Thanks for answering.
    I guess I'm interested because after years of paying so much for dentistry I'd like to think its a profitable business and now I can have a bit of that myself but need to do more homework on this one.
    Take care.
    One of my librarians told me she was very concerned about her son.Just qualified as a dentist with a $115,000 student loan,and with an over supply of dentists his job prospects did not look bright.
    Sorry I have since retired from book selling and can not update the story.
    I should also point out my wife is now using my dentist as her two previous dentists charged too much.
    I think most of us know when we are being charged too much.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I think most of us know when we are being charged too much.
    Dentists. Every. Time.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Guru

Thanks for answering.
    It isn't so much the fee as such, but the complete lack of transparency.

I remember my previous dentist, he said when doing some work "only about 1/3 a filling so will charge you 1/3 the price". Literally it was under 3 minutes work....

Shame I don't live in your neck of the woods, I'm sure I financed my dentist's holidays and eventually his retirement. At least the hygienist charges by time and not a flat fee.
    The price for a check up with the dentist equates to some horrendous hourly rate

Jeez ...another 11% shaved off the share price again today

Close $4.40 at low of the day as well ....pretty ominious sign ...but maybe a day 3 bounce tomorrow
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Jeez ...another 11% shaved off the share price again today

Close $4.40 at low of the day as well ....pretty ominious sign ...but maybe a day 3 bounce tomorrow
    Well, yes this was fast. They might be in for a speeding ticket?

Anyway - if they keep this momentum, they might soon reach fair value (unless there are still things lurking in the closets). Being cheap might take a couple of days more ;

Guess the guys who tried to do a couple of years ago a hostile takeover for over $10 (fight off by the ABA board) are smiling now every day when they look at their accounts and realise that they still have the cash instead of the lousy shares ;
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 27-03-2019 at 05:11 PM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Well, yes this was fast. They might be in for a speeding ticket?

Anyway - if they keep this momentum, they might soon reach fair value (unless there are still things lurking in the closets). Being cheap might take a couple of days more ;

Guess the guys who tried to do a couple of years ago a hostile takeover for over $10 (fight off by the ABA board) are smiling now every day when they look at their accounts and realise that they still have the cash instead of the lousy shares ;
    Who is to say Healthcare Partners could not have done a better job?