sharetrader
Page 37 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Not The Chosen One View Post
    Does it bother you that much? You do realise that people comment on every thread about events that may or may not affect movements. Or is it because of the lack of posts by the likes of myself and the previous 2 posts that made you say that? Either way, your comment didn't help much.
    Not really bothered, just surprised at some of the posts these days and I can't tell if it's people trying to ramp up their stocks on the board (not that retail investors would meaningfully change the price anyway) or if people genuinely think the price changes are directly related to news articles which happen to be posted on the same day as the stock price changes/around the same time.

I'll give you an example. DOW goes down, CNBC starts talking about how an article on X is the reason it went down today. DOW goes up CNBC talks about an article on X is the reason it went up today. Let's zoom out and realise markets fluctuate and the up and downs on those days were probably meaningless fluctuations, yet strong correlations are being made by these news agencies to sell content on a daily basis.

I actually don't even know why I bother to challenge this. Not like I can disprove anything anyway and you are free to think whatever you want

Quote Originally Posted by Cadalac123 View Post
    ... You realise institutions buying and selling moves the share price right? not your speculation on level changes or how you think dental practices are affected.

This pretty much sums it up, you can be 1 step head, or 2 - 3 steps at best, but the institutions will just blow everything out of the water, us retail holders mean very little in terms of swinging the price.

Did you know that Toothbrushes now have BlueTooth. I find that kind of amusing

Bluetooth.jpg

Attachment 11656
    Last edited by peat; 05-06-2020 at 03:02 PM.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by Cadalac123;820026

There is also [U
    a large unfilled gap from a TA perspective probably being filled[/U].
    No pun intended here, on the ABA thread?

$3.56 now. Are we on our way back to the $5 pre-COVID levels? Maybe the much-anticipated transaction is getting close. Hold on tight!

Bought a very small amount of these at $1.40, kicking myself as I thought about buying 10x more at that price. >$5 would be nice in any case.

geez whats happening today?!

Last night's announcement + the Dow Jones falling 6.9% overnight = traders got spooked.

Many stocks heading up again now. My main ASX investment fell 15% today but has now recovered to be even for the day (glad I bought more near the day's lows).

Will be interesting to watch the DOW over the coming days. Futures up 1% as I write.

Legend

AFR's Street Talk Rumour mill suggests bidder back at table

However ABA caned AFR's speculation back in September 2019 on other rumours

What does Mr Market say ? Maybe .. or maybe not ?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatestben View Post
    Bought a very small amount of these at $1.40, kicking myself as I thought about buying 10x more at that price. >$5 would be nice in any case.

Considered it back then too for a free ride, but didn't move unfortunately

Couldn't believe where SP was a few days ago