sharetrader
Page 1 of 49 1234511 ... LastLast
    percy

Default ABA Abano health

I have read a report by craigs "analysis of the hearing aid market".
    Excellent.The area of greatest growth Asia.This is interesting as it is the area ABA are focussing on.
    Most hearing aids are at present sold through electrical stores.As any deaf person will tell you to get the best from a hearing aid you need a plug moulded into your ear and the hearing aid computer set to suit your hearing.Surprise ABA do this while electrical stores do not. The ageing population means huge growth.This company has had outstanding performance.Asia will take time but the results will come.I seem to remember ABA was working with a major hearing aid manufacturer.

percy

I have just read the chairman"s and the MD's addresses to the AGM.I am sure the foundations for future growth in Australia and Asia are right.Not a lot of growth in the short term,but potential for huge growth in the longer term.Very pleasing.

Percy, I have also just read the Chairman's and MD's addresses to the AGM. My take on it was that ABA will not see much profit growth for the next 2-3 years because the Asian start-up costs will offset any growth in their other sectors. Audiology in Asia seems too much of a variable at the moment. If they can get it right and replicate the NZ audiology model then ABA will do very well but at the moment it's a wait and see for me.

percy

Catalyst,
    Yes,will take time.The Asian market will take time.ABA model has to first prove itself in Asia before they really can ramp it up.very few deaf Asians wear hearing aids and the greatest world wide growth in hearing aids is expected to come from Asia.I expect the model will work. Then we will see huge growth.I do not know when the best time would be to buy in,or what value the shares are worth.What I do see is 1,000s or more outlets in Tawain,Hong Kong,Singapore and Malaysia being worth big dollars,and me owning part of it.This company knows what it wants to achieve,and has proven that they do what they say they will do.

What's going on? The shareprice has done nothing but drop over the last couple of weeks.

Guru

SAM selling out?

percy

There are a lot of sellers and few buyers.Is in a down trend .The last report I read said it would be a long time before Asain hearing clinics were profitable.

Thank you Phaedrus et al for teaching me to (sometimes) recognise a downwards trendline break and sell at a profit!

Advanced Member

Default ABA Chart.

It is good that you are finding TA to be useful, DS - there certainly was a nice clear end to that spectacular uptrend, wasn't there!

ABA was down another 4% today.

The chart clearly shows when the "big money" got out as evinced by the marked "step" in the OBV and the big volume spike. Didn't they do well?
    Note how even a simple Trailing Stop (usually the last indicator to fire) got you out well before the downtrend really hit its stride.

"Buy and Hold" sucks eh? - even with "good" stocks.

If it is "smart money" getting out, what does this say about Kingfish Ltd? 4% of its portfolio is ABA which they have held for quite some time.