sharetrader
Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Well the SPP got all our wallets out.Required $9.25mil received $23.8mil applications. 250% oversubscribed.
    So looks as though we get approx. 39% of what we applied for. I am happy with that.
    [65.5 shares per $1,000 applied for]
    Percy. I think it is scaled in proportion to the number of shares each person owns.

percy

Bugger!!!! but thanks.!!!!

Does anybody have any guess how many shares you need to own to get the full $15K?

Tim Hunter had another story in today's paper

Think he was saying if Hutson gets his way the Takeovers Code may come into play ....no shareholder meant to get any more than the others ..... Hutson remains a shareholder of abandon (probably) and gets some parts of business for free (almost)

Seems like Hutson initiated all this ....begs the question how serious are Archer? Or just hoping to get something cheap? If that is case I don't fancy their chances

Whatever seems like ABA will keep coming back to shareholders for cash for some time ....I don't like that idea much

percy

I read the article and took a different meaning from it.
    Abano have very profitable growing businesses that can support the Asian developing hearing business.Abano will only come back to shareholders for more money to expand profitable dentist business and perhaps pathology.
    Yet Hutson, appears to have the problem supporting his 50% contribution to the Asian hearing business.I am sorry he has a problem.Kind of Archer to come to his aid,but that aid does not help me as an Abano shareholder!
    In the meantime Abano's dental business continues to expand and generate greater profits.
    I still believe the Asian hearing [audio] business will be a fantastic business.
    Ageing population,the fact that at present few deaf Asians wear a properly fitted [ear mould] means the potential is HUGE.
    Abano are correct to invest in this audio business.
    Last edited by percy; 06-10-2013 at 09:39 PM.

Percy - If as you say Hutson is having problems financing his half of Bay Audio, then why would he want the whole lot, and twice the ongoing costs? Sometimes these kind of businesses are best developed privately, away from the glare of the market and shareholders expecting quick returns. Abano has sunk a lot of shareholder funds into this business, and break even is still a way off. I also wonder just how deep are Archers pockets, as I think they will have to improve their offer before they start getting any traction.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Bugger!!!! but thanks.!!!!
    The SPP was massively oversubscribed, but of Abano's roughly 2300 shareholders, around 2000 have less than 5000 shares. So, depending on how big your holding is, you could still get more than you think. All will be revealed on Tuesday I believe. I sent in $10,000 and wouldn't mind getting a decent swag of it, but don't really want to top up at current prices on market.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by zigzag View Post
    The SPP was massively oversubscribed, but of Abano's roughly 2300 shareholders, around 2000 have less than 5000 shares. So, depending on how big your holding is, you could still get more than you think. All will be revealed on Tuesday I believe. I sent in $10,000 and wouldn't mind getting a decent swag of it, but don't really want to top up at current prices on market.
    I feel the same.
    Wife and I both applied for $5,000 each.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by zigzag View Post
    Percy - If as you say Hutson is having problems financing his half of Bay Audio, then why would he want the whole lot, and twice the ongoing costs? Sometimes these kind of businesses are best developed privately, away from the glare of the market and shareholders expecting quick returns. Abano has sunk a lot of shareholder funds into this business, and break even is still a way off. I also wonder just how deep are Archers pockets, as I think they will have to improve their offer before they start getting any traction.
    "For the time being Bay requires ongoing funding from its shareholders whose support takes the form of loans.""Abano's accounts show its lending totalled $20m at balance date."
    Maybe Hutson thinks Archer will write-off these loans?
    "Abano said Bay was progressing towards break even at operating earnings level in 2016"
    So Hutson would not need to support Bay for too long.He would then have 100% of a substantial fantastic business,with huge growth prospects.!!!

percy

So the fun starts,.
    Abano have asked Hutson to name the price he would buy/sell Bay.
    Abano then have the right to either buy/sell it from/to Hutson.
    Bring it on.!!!!!