sharetrader
Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    Well I hope the company and SP continues to do well.

In addition to capital gain of about 66% over three years I've had normal dividends, a special dividend and a big share buy back.

This company has done very well for investors. It will continue to do so I'm sure.
    Well done Sparky.

well done! i've put my sell order in this afternoon as well for the same reasons as you.

percy

I am too scared to sell.!!!!! lol.
    I just love new highs.!!!! lol.

percy

A little disappointing that Abano has come back to $6.40 today. If there is a drawback to this company's stock, it is that liquidity is poor and visibility to investors is less now it is no longer in the NZX50.

Stocks outside of the top 50 are where the best pickings now likely lie, but also where the biggest drops could occur in a hefty correction. So I think anyway.
    I find myself "well positioned" for the upturn.!!!! lol.

percy

I am struggling to work out why Abano has tracked back to $6.12 on the fundamentals. I think its a great company. However, the liquidity is just awful. It looks like only 1 share has been traded today at the price of $6.12. This company deserves better that this.

Management should take some steps to improve liquidity. Perhaps that means a share split.
    Not looking very good on the chart,although the share price is still above the 200 day moving average..
    Last edited by percy; 18-04-2013 at 02:31 PM.

I am struggling to work out why Abano has tracked back to $6.12 on the fundamentals. I think its a great company. However, the liquidity is just awful. It looks like only 1 share has been traded today at the price of $6.12. This company deserves better that this.
    Yes I agree, I can't work it out either (plus only 1 share traded looked pretty silly!). I note from my post above that I had put in my sell order recently - they didn't sell, but instead I added to my collection at 6.10 today. Which I think is a bargain.
    Last edited by Blendy; 18-04-2013 at 10:25 PM. Reason: spelling

percy

I had ABA on my to add to list last year,but it went for a run before I brought.I could not understand why ?
    Thanks for your comments.

Came across an exec from abano the other day and as we both had a few minutes to burn shouted him a coffee ....and did my homework

Haven't really followed aba for a while and some points of the chat were really interesting

Like I didn't realise how much they were into dental and I didn't even realise they owned the lumino brand. Dental now 60% of revenues, they acquire and thus own the practices, all using the same back office processes etc (synergies). Regularly buying practices but the market really fragmented with not many multi practice business existing so plenty of growth opportunies

So aba really a big dentist eh. Others parts of the business chugging along quite well he said

He was quite excited about raving on about the business and how good it going to get ....really enthusiastic

He did take on board that somebody like me didn't know much about them and agreed they should raise their profile ...after all one day they wil probably need more capital

Good chap ...even if I bought the coffee
    Last edited by winner69; 12-05-2013 at 06:43 AM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Came across an exec from abano the other day and as we both had a few minutes to burn shouted him a coffee ....and did my homework

Haven't really followed aba for a while and some points of the chat were really interesting

Like I didn't realise how much they were into dental and I didn't even realise they owned the lumino brand. Dental now 60% of revenues, they acquire and thus own the practices, all using the same back office processes etc (synergies). Regularly buying practices but the market really fragmented with not many multi practice business existing so plenty of growth opportunies

So aba really a big dentist eh. Others parts of the business chugging along quite well he said

He was quite excited about raving on about the business and how good it going to get ....really enthusiastic

He did take on board that somebody like me didn't know much about them and agreed they should raise their profile ...after all one day they wil probably need more capital

Good chap ...even if I bought the coffee
    Sounds to me it was well worth the expense.!!!
    Although they fly under a lot of people's radar their record of communicating with shareholders has won them awards.
    Yes mainly dentists.
    Should they get the hearing part of the business right in Asia the fun could really start.[again]

One thing is dentist revenue is driven from private money to a large extent which lowers any dependency they have on public money in some other areas. As long as punters want to look after their teeth that's good ....and he did say the lumino tv campaign had bought in many new customers.

Audiology has demographics going for it ...ageing population who have hearing problems etc.

What's put me off in the past is that profits never seem to be what they should be and I am still non the wiser. Very capital intensive and business with relatively high operating costs that don't seem to generate much, or as much as they should