sharetrader
Page 52 of 153 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast

Both MFT and FHP would have a reasonably good buy a few days a go for a quick trade... if you were brave enough .. I wasn't

Veteran novice

I'm far from convinced that this is anything more than a brief relief rally, but also see it as a time to add to holdings of quality stocks. Bought a few more MFT.

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    I'm far from convinced that this is anything more than a brief relief rally, but also see it as a time to add to holdings of quality stocks. Bought a few more MFT.
    I tend to think we are heading for a long wait for economic recovery and am not buying anything on "good" days. There will be plenty of panic ahead too I reckon. Italy not out of the woods and USA, Oz and UK currently heading deep into the woods I reckon.

Dilettante

I am pleasantly surprised with the update from MFT today. So far there has not been a huge negative effect on that and I have to say I'm surprised how well they've held up so far in all 5 geographical areas. I was expecting worse. Good also to see lots of work going on in reigning in costs, including a 50% salary and fee reduction for the CEO and Board. This is a great well run company.
    https://www.directbroking.co.nz/dire...spx?id=5332409
    Last edited by iceman; 08-04-2020 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I am pleasantly surprised with the update from MFT today. So far there has not been a huge negative effect on that and I have to say I'm surprised how well they've held up so far in all 5 geographical areas. I was expecting worse. Good also to see lots of work going on in reigning in costs, including a 50% salary and fee reduction for the CEO and Board. This is a great well run company.
    https://www.directbroking.co.nz/dire...spx?id=5332409
    Yes, ditto. Also amazing that they can give such frequent and detailed updates.

Guru

Ditto on financial reporting.This is how it should be done.
    Shows why they are such a great & growing company

Looks like our exports to USA & Europe are expected to decline particularly air( food,venison hard hit I suspect)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    I tend to think we are heading for a long wait for economic recovery and am not buying anything on "good" days. There will be plenty of panic ahead too I reckon. Italy not out of the woods and USA, Oz and UK currently heading deep into the woods I reckon.
    UK dabbled with the ridiculous* "herd immunity" initially, their death rate has soared, and their health service as result of Conservative Governments' underfunding is less able to cope with the surge in ICU cases than Italy or France. What a likely prolonged lock down, coupled with their government's insistence that nothing will hold back their break from their largest market (The EU), will do to their economy and public finances is anyone's guess. Australia perhaps is not in such a bad place as the UK. The US under Trump is doomed to go down the British route but at least they do not have anything like Brexit to cope with.

* Ridiculous because there is currently no vaccine
    Last edited by Bjauck; 08-04-2020 at 04:13 PM.

Guru

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/353746

FY announcement for the year end 31/3 - so with minimal Covid effect.

Divvy maintained and looks like "apples with apples" net profit up 10%

Veteran novice

Yes, a good result. Most importantly, a positive outlook for the current year.

Guru

Good for our exporters too
    "Taking a somewhat cautious view, we expect to see Transport volumes increase; delivery expectations are being met and we have good levels of sales activity. We are seeing increased enquiry for our Warehousing solutions, and significant air freight volumes are being moved via air charters to and from Asia and the USA."