sharetrader
Page 55 of 153 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast
    Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by MauroNZ View Post
    Would you say that "any" price should buy? When I read their book about 3 or 4 years ago it was around $17. I'm not an expert in buying value but as you say along with FPH you can't go wrong with this one.
    No I'm not suggesting that. It is important to time your entries but in today's crazy World, I find it more and more difficult. But in case you haven't read this brilliant thread https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showth...ries-and-exits
    then it is full of great info on how to time entries and exits. Great weekend reading :-)

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    No I'm not suggesting that. It is important to time your entries but in today's crazy World, I find it more and more difficult. But in case you haven't read this brilliant thread https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showth...ries-and-exits
    then it is full of great info on how to time entries and exits. Great weekend reading :-)
    Oh yes, thank you. I read that post a few times, still trying to practice it .

Nice update this morning, love this company!

Guru

every crisis we have buy the freights on the big todo list but the baltic dry always gets in the way as we say wait, wait.... oh missed the boat again.

Never wait for the bottom.....

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    Nice update this morning, love this company!
    Mr Market sure liked the update. Up a cool 20% odd. Like you, I love this well run company but it most certainly is not a hot favourite for discussion here on ST. Just a quiet and steady achiever :-)

Hi, Newbie here. I finally bought into this stock in early April at $32.32 (always seemed too expensive before). Really happy with 70% gains since then. Do you more experienced investors see this as a real growth stock for years to come?

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Mr Market sure liked the update. Up a cool 20% odd. Like you, I love this well run company but it most certainly is not a hot favourite for discussion here on ST. Just a quiet and steady achiever :-)
    Yes, its just a transport company, no real moat, anyone can do it. Yet it goes steadily from strength to strength, on and on without pause to global domination and beyond... They are one of the stand-out NZ companies in my mind simply from doing what they do really well, focused on a coherent plan.

Default MFT a growth stock?

Quote Originally Posted by Swala View Post
    Hi, Newbie here. I finally bought into this stock in early April at $32.32 (always seemed too expensive before). Really happy with 70% gains since then. Do you more experienced investors see this as a real growth stock for years to come?
    Yes, I reckon it is still a growth stock. It has proved itself overtime. I got in to MFT at an average price of $13.80 when left with the proceeds of the Nuplex takeover. It came up on my screening but I thought it was too expensive but after a chat with someone with good knowledge of the company broke one of my investing rules and bought anyway despite reservations re the price. The rest is history. It has become my 4th best performing stock of those of which I have decent sized holdings. It would have been nice to get in on better multiples back when I did but sometimes you need to pay a bit extra for quality. I'm happy to hold at the current price.

I'd still put money on them continuing to grow in profitability, takes them time to get the most out of their expansions. I don't see any reason to think the best is behind them even, but who knows. They are 10% of my portfolio and I'm not buying or selling, just happy holding. I'm a bit biased as I just like their approach and delivery.

Well regarded Kingfish - Their current biggest holding and some interesting commentary on MFT in their latest quarterly newsletter here http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...873/333416.pdf

I don't hold MFT directly but have a significant stake in Kingfish warrants. A good first question. Welcome to the forum
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine