sharetrader
Page 46 of 153 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast

I have been using Findata for charts, but they have stopped adding data since about mid Feb, so currently just using ASB charts, which is (putting it politely) limiting.
    Capture.JPG

CEO, NZ Shareholders Association

A reasonable set of results this week, with steady (if unspectacular) growth. But is this seller slightly optimisitic or what
    Attachment 9711

Another great result. Steady as she goes.

Just keeping this thread alive,
    Great company, and a very strong buying period of late pushing the SP up, nearly at $30 a share.

Anyone seen any news that has given such a push in the last 2 weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawstudent05 View Post
    Just keeping this thread alive,
    Great company, and a very strong buying period of late pushing the SP up, nearly at $30 a share.

Anyone seen any news that has given such a push in the last 2 weeks?
    Not really ... one should expect that low business confidence and increasing fuel prises would hurt them, but so far it does not look that way.

And yes, while they are a great company, they do feel at the moment a bit dear. But hey - Ms Market is always right, isn't she?

Discl: holding a small parcel;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

I guess some companies are a bit boring and don't generate much noise after releasing results on ST forums.

Bloody impressive half year results, great to see growth now across all regions.

NZD revenue growth of > 13%
    NPAT growth of > 30%

Results regarded by the company as "satisfactory"

CEO, NZ Shareholders Association

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    I guess some companies are a bit boring and don't generate much noise after releasing results on ST forums.

Bloody impressive half year results, great to see growth now across all regions.

NZD revenue growth of > 13%
    NPAT growth of > 30%

Results regarded by the company as "satisfactory"
    Yep, its good to see the "recovery" in those problem markets (Asia, US). Good performance to resolve issues and get growth, especially in Asia, in the current environment. A good foundation for the future.
    European scale looks like its emerging nicely as well.
    They look "well-positioned" to me.

Disc: happy holder.

fedex just released there results downgrading earnings for next yr , hence my thinking mainfreight is overvalued on a high pe
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    fedex just released there results downgrading earnings for next yr , hence my thinking mainfreight is overvalued on a high pe
    One of these special days ... where we both agree.

Yes, MFT looks in my view expensive as well on a (3 yr) forward PE of 21.4 and a backward (10 yr average) PE of 40. I guess they did look expensive for a long time, but given some recent PE contraction (i.e. alternatives are now cheaper) and potentially some softer business conditions for the industry ahead might the markets start to reflect on this.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    Amazon may be threatening Fedex -- but will that threaten MFT in the same way?

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/12/04/i...ort/index.html

The Dow Jones Transportation Average, which includes FedEx and UPS as well as leading airlines, truckers and railroads, fell 4.4% -- its worst drop since June 2016.But Shanker paints a picture that should be extremely worrisome to UPS and FedEx.
    He notes that Amazon (AMZN), which currently is leasing 40 cargo jets, could eventually have 100 planes running and estimates that the planned Amazon Air routes could overlap with more than two-thirds of the volume flown by UPS and FedEx.
    That's bad news for both companies since Shanker said that UPS and FedEx each generate nearly 20% of their overall revenue from US air deliveries.