sharetrader
Page 5 of 153 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Gosh, isn't this great! I sure hope the nosebleeds are worth it -- 10% in a week is getting into scarified-rarified territory for me and I 'need to believe' that is it based on solid fundies! [:I] Keep up the analysis, Bright Burner.

I received a glossy newsletter very recently and it made genuinely good reading about a family- and community-oriented company all pulling together -- young and old, high and low, and their families. Almost too good to be true!! [:0]

Does anyone know any Mainfreight workers: MacDunk -- what do the tea-ladies have to say?
    Good will to all, Scamper. [:X] [:X]

Mainfreight's newsletters are certainly a refreshing change, it's like being part of a local newsletter. vive le difference!!!

Hmmmm, 20% plus gain over the previous three months.

Looking forward what can we expect? A period of consolidation as the share looks to justify it's current price-point or is it going to kick on to $2-50+?

Regards JAMP
    NZX: BDO MCH MFT MVN RBD SAN SKX SPN VTX
    Unlisted: BRK

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Finished last week at $2.44.
    Is this the week to hit $2.50[?] (This was my expected price for the Full Year announcement in May 2005)
    Just how fast is Mainfreight improving it's bottom line[?]
    Where will we be at the end of the year[?] $3.00[?] $3.50[?] $4.00[?]

We just have to wait and see [8D]

om mani peme hum

Answer: Yes, 173 shares bought at 250 [:0].

So the next question is: can it stay there or go even higher this week[?]
    om mani peme hum

What kind of result can we expect come May I wonder? It will need to be a halfway decent one to justify a shareprice above $2-50.

Whilst on the one hand I am inclined to think that momentum has driven this stock north, on the other I am inclined to think that there must be other drivers at play also.

For a while I was expecting an announcement with respect Owens, but no sign of one yet. I see in todays sharemarket news that executive options have been exercised. News in the offing or simply common sense at play?

Regards JAMP
    NZX: MCH MFT MVN PPG RBD SAN SKX SPN VTX

The 3rd quarter results will be out soon and will give a good indication of the full year, which in itself I do not think will be particularly epic.
    However it will also give a good idea of the current and forward levels of trading activity which will make for better reading and justify the share price.
    At $2-50 the SP is ahead of my expectations but the market seems to love companies with a growth story at the moment. The difference between MFT and some other high P/E companies is that I expect MFT to increase their profit rapidly (next year) and the P/E to come down to sensible levels, whereas for other companies the P/E is based on expectations further ahead.

With respect to OWN, I will admit that I have seriously considered buying shares in them recently but decided not to on the grounds that
    I would have to high a percentage of the long term portfolio in MFT/OWN. You may note that 90,000 changed hands yesterday at $1-00, someone has been trying to buy for the last few days and seems to have accepted that was what they have to pay. Personally I would expect divvies from OWN starting in the next financial year.
    Once the re-building of OWN has stabilised then it will be in profit and the SP is going to rise along with MFT. I will revisit my decision on buying OWN when I have enough extra cents to buy it and keep the LT portfolio balanced, but may well buy more MFT instead.

Short term who knows what the market will do with the price, long term it has a way to go up yet.

Disc: dedicated MFT fan and shareholder. [8D]
    om mani peme hum

BID 2.60, ASK 2.63, No sales today!

I double dare someone to enter an at-market trade...

Actually scratch that, someone just put their shares on at 2.60. mmmm ah mmmm ah

Not many sellers, but very hopeful

2.60 2,142 1
    2.63 1,000 1
    2.65 1,970 2
    3.00 2,000 1
    3.03 10,000 1

<center></center>
    <div align="right">snapshot courtesy of www.bigcharts.com</div id="right">

I hope that MFT have their load securely tied down with a nice low centre of gravity. I also hope that if they have to come down the other side of the incline they are currently climbing that they intend to use engine braking.

Obviously they are confident that they are driving within their limitations. A good thing, as to my mind their shareprice is at very serious risk of a roll-over if they fail to negotiate the path ahead with great skill.

Regards JAMP
    NZX: MCH MFT MVN PPG RBD SAN SKX SPN VTX

The summit keeps getting further away
    om mani peme hum