sharetrader
Page 89 of 152 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    Floating down with the rest of the markets, both domestically and internationally.
    What'll happen to MFT (and othersin NZ) if US markets fall be 50% as this guru suggests

Jeremy Grantham Doubles Down on Crash Call, Says Selloff Has Started
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    What'll happen to MFT (and othersin NZ) if US markets fall be 50% as this guru suggests

Do you really think I need to explain that to you?

Legend

Well as I've said before Winner -- I departed many NZX holdings in early November 21
    sensing this overall downward spiral could occur (abeit later than the March 2020 dip
    on similar market sentiments)

$87 buckses now - wake me up when we get to the mid $50's again - I may have
    a spare empty barrow to fill

Mind you if & when that occurs, it could be a buyer's paradise with lots of choices again

.. but by then Robertson will probably have bankrupted the country, taxes will have to be doubled
    to fill the gap & a humungous CGT (under a different name) possibly invented
    to scrape the insides of any barrel in sight and Calamity Jane may be spinning 24/7 to
    save face with the despairing Omacron inflicted masses threatening to revolt & support the
    Bryl Cream Bikey clan with it's leader fresh out of clink ..
    Last edited by nztx; 23-01-2022 at 12:37 AM.

The prediction is likely to be for click bait. However some correction is going to occur, especially to those stocks making nothing or very little.
    the trick will be to find the stocks that have pricing power, market moats and dividends that will ultimately pay more then inflation. Then of course the question is how big will inflation be, my prediction, based on the property market bubble, is that we will see 10%, but the banks, who are always wrong due to never accepting that change can happen, are forecasting 5%.

MFT has
    a moat - vertical integration in NZ,
    pricing power for now - strong traffic on my truckometer stats shows demand remains very high
    Tiny dividend, which is why the stock price is dropping now. That lack of dividend while profits are high is allowing high growth with investment in storage and trucks while everyone else is backing off, great tactic.

on that basis I am buying in small chunks almost daily

Veteran novice

I'd agree with that, Jonette. Except that I'd wait a while until there's a floor under the declining shareprice.

Investments

You can never go wrong with MFT ...if buying as investor then any time is good time to be buying MFT .

Yes short term sentiment may bring to 85 or maybe even 80 ...but not much downside for a strong growth stock at the moment ...more so after it has consolidated for almost 5 months after hitting 99.78 in August !!!

Cool

I managed to buy regularly for a few days, hitting a great price each day, although a little lower all week. I noticed that volume has been small all week, with a lot of buyers and sellers with just a few shares (1-10) so I guess Sharesies is driving the market at present

Will MFT be a buy at $75 .....
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Will MFT be a buy at $75 .....
    with a p/e of 35 currently. hope they can grow gangbusters in a peak gdp world
    one step ahead of the herd

Agreed PE is 35 after recent declines and seems very fulsome in the circumstances. What happens to gross revenues when shipping rates inevitably normalise ? Maybe its not the one way bet many seem to think it is ?
    Clear break down through the 100 day MA and just broken down through the 180 day MA, 200 probably very shortly. End of the current upward trend for a while ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 28-01-2022 at 12:42 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine