sharetrader
Page 10 of 153 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
    Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

quote:Originally posted by limegreen

Not much of a price kick for what ought to be good news. Still watching from the sidelines...
    and now [?]
    om mani peme hum

Still sitting on my hands index watching. It's currently looking like it will close around 3000. that means on Monday, it will either close higher, making it look more like it might be the end of the downtrend. Alternatively, if it closes down again, it mighe end up being a Double Bottom, or a Head and Shoulders Bottom. Either way, once the index is looking healthier, I'll start looking for a buy signal in earnest from our favourite company...

Looks like you missed out on this nice little rush limegreen.

Full year results out within a week, I wonder what the numbers will be?
    I will be happy with NPAT of $14.3m or more, my model says more.
    om mani peme hum

I did miss some of it
    However, I didn't miss all of it, Allah be Praised. As a further sign of good faith, my present holding is actually bigger than the one I sold down...

quote:Originally posted by Paper Tiger

$2.20 has been the daily low the last 4 days. I have taken a punt that the line will hold.
    Well the line did not hold, but I kept the them until today now all sold. []

Disc: Still have plenty of MFT in the long term portfolio, and playing [on] the swings as well.
    om mani peme hum

Found; A Buy In NZ Equities Market from todays aireview
    om mani peme hum

Me again.

Full year is out with the headline figure being $13.5m, which is $0.8m below my low estimate [V]
    The market seems to be happy enough

Divvy 3.5cps (year total 6.5cps) as usual but a review upwards likely []
    Future looking brighter [8D]
    om mani peme hum

Fancy you posting here again. Fancy me posting here again. You know I'm not much on this reading announcement stuff, but I was pleased to read this:
    "Trading for April and May remains positive and is ahead of the same period last year. We expect this to continue through the first quarter."
    which suggests they're not experiencing too much softness from a slowing economy yada.[8D]

Mainfreight posts huge spike in annual profit to $13.5 million

30.05.05 1.00pm

Transport operator Mainfreight Group today posted a March year net profit after tax of $13.5 million, up 126 per cent on the previous year's $5.9m surplus.

The result included Owens trading and purchase related costs, the firm said in statement to NZX today.

Mainfreight is soon to own all of Owens after amassing 91.58 per cent of its shares and sparking an automatic full takeover.

Owens today posted a net loss of $3.254m for the March year, which included restructuring costs after tax of $3.818m.

Meanwhile, Mainfreight's profit came on consolidated revenue of $857,043, up $197,169 on the year before.

Excluding foreign exchange movements and acquisition revenues, Mainfreight's sales rose 13.6 per cent in the 2004/05 year.

It said the bottom line was more than expected, and delivered through "better performance" across its various units.

It confirmed a final fully imputed dividend of 3.5c per share, payable on July 22, which took the total fully imputed dividend for 2004/05 to 6.5cps.

Highlights during the year included a substantial reduction in losses in Mainfreight's Australian domestic operations.

There were also large profit spikes from its Australia, United States, Asian and international operations.

The New Zealand domestic business continued to be both strong and profitable, Mainfreight said in the statement.

In New Zealand, domestic revenue rose 10.7 per cent to $201.1m, while earnings before interest and tax (ebit) was up 12.3 per cent at $22.9m.

New Zealand international revenues and ebit were respectively $66.1m and $1.9m, Mainfreight said.

Australian domestic revenues, excluding foreign exchange movements, rose 41.1 per cent, while ebit improved to a negative $315,000, from a negative $5.5m in 2003/04.

Australian international operations saw revenue rise to $199,017, and ebit gained 55.6 per cent to $7.161m.

USA International CaroTrans improved revenues by 29.8 per cent to US$51.9m ($73.59m). Ebit improved to US$1.2m.

Revenue from the Asian Associates unit rose to US$ 12.0m, which resulted in ebit of US$1.142m, up 21.6 per cent.

During the year, Mainfreight Group repaid $20.2m of borrowings.

Mainfreight said its 2004/05 performance would provide a sound platform for future growth.

The full takeover of Owens would likely be completed by early August, that firm delisting in mid-July.

"The consolidation of Owens Group into Mainfreight will enable greater operating synergies and cost reductions are likely with less administrative activity," Mainfreight said.

"Trading for April and May remains positive and is ahead of the same period last year," the firm said.

"We expect this to continue through the first quarter."

Ten days ago, Mainfreight confirmed it had bought Toll Holdings' 11.58 per cent in Owens for $1.17 a share.

That deal lifted Mainfreight's stake above the 90 per cent threshold that sparks a compulsory takeover.

Shortly after 10am, Mainfreight shares were up 6c at $2.50, while those in Owens were unchanged at $1.15.

- NZPA
    \"The overweening conceit which the greater part of men have of their own abilities [and] their absurd presumption in their own good fortune.\" - <b>Adam Smith</b> - <i>The Wealth of Nations</i>

The information you have is not the information you want.
    The information you want is not the information you need.
    The information you need is not the information you can obtain.
    The informaton you can obtain costs more than you want to pay.

MFT is not a stock I follow but I reckon the NZSX surveillance panel should be taking a hard look at the s p movement over recent days, pre-announcement. On May 19 the price was down to 210, then it rose pretty swiftly to close on Friday at 244, a 16% jump in six trading days. Just good guessing or did some people know something?