sharetrader
Page 131 of 153 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1524

One broker target is $111.89 ……he’s my man

Not that much higher than consensus
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Investments

• "Revenue at $7billion–likely less due to economic recessionary effects."

FY24 rough outlook ....aim is $ 7 Billions ....may get close to that ....

Long term map is pretty impressive and their track record of meeting future objectives is very credible

Don Braid. "We have the capabilities, energy, and passion to keep growing this wonderful company of ours. Thank you for joining us on this exciting ride."

So beautiful and simple.

Investments

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...FK2KC7OUAWWZM/

Talks down expectations to maybe finally outperform revised lower expectations ....but he is comparing future expectations with last two years stupendous growth ...that almost all know is difficult to match ...maybe 10-15% will be expected and over delivered eventually .

But this is leading to bears having a go at SP today

Guru

"Don Braid – Managing Director, Mainfreight | craigsip.com"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXFInr3yvZ0

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    Don Braid. "We have the capabilities, energy, and passion to keep growing this wonderful company of ours. Thank you for joining us on this exciting ride."

So beautiful and simple.
    Also "beautiful and simple" to look at their history over the last 10 or so years. Most recent history is nothing short of spectacular and yes some of that was abnormal due to COVID issues.
    BUT, in FY21 we had revenue of $3.54B which for FY23 has risen to $ 5.67B. Yes we say due to COVID. But it isn't collapsing now that the COVID issues with freighting have largely gone. No, MFT is forecast to continue growing revenue, reaching $ 6.78B for FY26
    NPAT forecast to grow from this years $ 426.5M to $ 513m in FY26
    EPS growth forecast 7.9%, 5.7% & 5.6% next 3 years.

I won't go into what that would do to free cashflow and dividends as we can all guess. But I am expecting dividends in FY26 to eclipse the SP I bought my first MFT shares at, only about 14 years ago and the $4 invested back then are worth $ 71 today.

So I've been adding a few over the last 3 weeks to build up my retirement dividend portfolio which I expect to be drawing on in 8-10 years time. I know MFT is never talked about or looked at as a dividend stock, but for a long term investor they don't come much better than this

Discl: My biggest NZX holding
    Last edited by iceman; 30-06-2023 at 11:50 AM.

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Also "beautiful and simple" to look at their history over the last 10 or so years. Most recent history is nothing short of spectacular and yes some of that was abnormal due to COVID issues.
    BUT, in FY21 we had revenue of $3.54B which for FY23 has risen to $ 5.67B. Yes we say due to COVID. But it isn't collapsing now that the COVID issues with freighting have largely gone. No, MFT is forecast to continue growing revenue, reaching $ 6.78B for FY26
    NPAT forecast to grow from this years $ 426.5M to $ 513m in FY26
    EPS growth forecast 7.9%, 5.7% & 5.6% next 3 years.

I won't go into what that would do to free cashflow and dividends as we can all guess. But I am expecting dividends in FY26 to eclipse the SP I bought my first MFT shares at, only about 14 years ago and the $4 invested back then are worth $ 71 today.

So I've been adding a few over the last 3 weeks to build up my retirement dividend portfolio which I expect to be drawing on in 8-10 years time. I know MFT is never talked about or looked at as a dividend stock, but for a long term investor they don't come much better than this

Discl: My biggest NZX holding
    I also have similar experience buying into MFT in 2010 and have seen company doing very well ...more so recently as their business model gains traction in more and more countries . Company's future prospects are mainly based on two fundamentals ...business model and mode of execution ...they excel in both ...also on top of that they are the most transparent and small investor friendly company in the world ...my opinion only and I know very little about many other companies .

I think market as well as analysts are underestimating their immediate prospects ....thus there is big possibility of upside surprises ahead in next few qtrs ...otherwise they will do just fine ...Cant go much wrong just holding them for next few decades ...they have great vision of continuous growth ahead ...transporting / logistics is a necessity of world ...can only do better with technology cant be replaced by it .

Many like to have dividend stocks put on DRP to make them into growth option as they dont need income ...then why not try the real compounder of NZX ...MFT !!

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    .... I know MFT is never talked about or looked at as a dividend stock, but for a long term investor they don't come much better than this....
    Many, many years ago, when we were all much younger and my posts were worth reading, I did a comparision of MFT and a popular dividend stock.

I took as the start point a day when they both traded at the same price which was something under $2 and the comparison covered a number of years (at least five, but probably more) since.
    [ The vagueness is due to the fact I can not actually find the original post but it will be here somewhere ].

Anyway the upshot of that post was that over the timeframe MFT share price had grown more than the other and that the cumulative dividends for MFT were slightly greater than for this mystery other.

As your post reminded me of this and the popular dividend stock is still around and the timeframe is now nearly 20 years since the point of price equivalence I just had a quick look and:

MFT share price is over 10 times greater than the other;
    MFT yearly dividend is over 5 times greater than for the other.

The popular dividend stock shall remain nameless to save it embarrassment.
    om mani peme hum

Hey Paper Tiger …was that other stock HLG?

Was going to say TEL/SPK but that mightn’t embarrass anybody
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”