sharetrader
Page 148 of 153 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 1524

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    Like ways ...me a holder since 2010 and very satisfied with its performance . Hopefully it will keep doing the same ahead
    Kudos to the holders and buyers. MFT coming through the cycle looking decent. Still too expensive for me....

Quote Originally Posted by Muse View Post
    Yes - and I'm looking at a chart of MFT's forward PE from 2005 to now - "a representation of market behaviour of a particular stock" though the cycle, overlaid with standard deviations. Charting can incapsulate both technical and fundamental data, and I know which one has created more wealth for me over the decades.

You are correct though the forward PE when I purchased was about 24x, albeit on covid impact earnings.

anyway I'm a holder, just not a buyer
    Would love to see that chart Muse …could you post a screen shot or something

Cheers
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Investments

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Leemsip View Post
    Kudos to the holders and buyers. MFT coming through the cycle looking decent. Still too expensive for me....
    I remember similar comments back in 2006 when I first bought in with SP starting with 4 and dividends of 3c. For long term investors, they don't come much better than this well run company.

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I remember similar comments back in 2006 when I first bought in with SP starting with 4 and dividends of 3c. For long term investors, they don't come much better than this well run company.
    I have heard people talking about its low yield ...not for long term investors ....I got in April 2010 around $ 6 and now its dividends are almost $ 2 per year ...so the yield is pretty great for me ...lol

Thats the beauty of a good growth stock ...it becomes an exceptional yield stock over time !!

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    I have heard people talking about its low yield ...not for long term investors ....I got in April 2010 around $ 6 and now its dividends are almost $ 2 per year ...so the yield is pretty great for me ...lol

Thats the beauty of a good growth stock ...it becomes an exceptional yield stock over time !!
    Yes the dividend growth of this company has been spectacular and very under estimated. My divie yield on original purchase price is around 35%. The best bottom drawer share you can buy on the NZX in my view.

Advanced Member

broker reports coming in this AM...FY24 EPS on the ones I've seen (so far) seems to be around 2.75, 3.12 for FY25. Gives it a rough 1 year fwd EPS of about $2.93 (50% * $2.75 + 50% * $3.12), and implied 1 year forward PE of 21.4 (I prefer current year PE's but just doing the maths so I can compare its long term 1 year forward PE of ~17.5x). Still toppy but not so bad in the context of MFT's long term growth profile and this being a down year. maybe I am a visionless hack lol...hmmm.
    Last edited by Muse; 10-11-2023 at 09:13 AM.

broker reports coming in this AM...FY24 EPS on the ones I've seen (so far) seems to be around 2.75, 3.12 for FY25. Gives it a rough 1 year fwd EPS of about $2.93 (50% * $2.75 + 50% * $3.12), and implied 1 year forward PE of 21.4 (I prefer current year PE's but just doing the maths so I can compare its long term 1 year forward PE of ~17.5x). Still toppy but not so bad in the context of MFT's long term growth profile and this being a down year. maybe I am a visionless hack lol...hmmm.
    Its not like we are in the free money world anymore so no reason the multiples should be above the long term PE. If anything we should be slightly below the long term PE right now..

Investments

U bought at 24 forward and still did alright even when MFT went thru their worst HY and current recessionary times ...imho speaks volumes about the quality of this company MFT !!

My simple take on stocks like this is ...try to get in as much below 200DMA if possible and hold forever ...if want to time exit then try as far up as possible over 200DMA . Its current 200DSMA is around $ 68.5 ...getting opportunity around $ 55 was superb ...went till $ 99.87 when its 200DSMA was about $ 72 was superb exit opportunity .

Please post any you receive
    BTC went to $69K and now $16K. Good thing I’ve been warning you since it was $3K! I was right!