sharetrader
Page 37 of 153 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    One thing though if you want one freight provider to actually make deliveries in their own trucks from North Cape to Bluff Mainfreight is the only one
    No it's definitely not.

There are numerous other freight providers that own and control the entire process from pick up to delivery NZ wide other than Mainfreight.

Why as a customer would I use Mainfreight instead of others? They aren't the cheapest. They don't provide a superior product or service. Other competitors are just as big and therefore can pick up/deliver my order just as quick.

I'm finding it hard to uncover what makes them "different" and what their competitive advantage is.

Guru

This Blue Sky stock has had its breather and up running round in blue sky territory again.
    see Rym thread re blue sky stocks

Thanks Hoop.
    What a beautiful picture !

(disc: hold lots, still looking to accumulate on dips)

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Thumbs down Once were [Road] Warriors

Mainfreight have today issued a forecast for the current financial year which is essentially flat.

The market has unsurprising reacted a little negatively to this but is still a little way ahead of what I regard as a sensible price.

I would expect that earning would pick up again next year but expecting strong growth is being overly optimistic.

Best wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Last edited by Snow Leopard; 21-03-2013 at 02:35 PM. Reason: bad grammar, spelling and vibes
    om mani peme hum

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    Mainfreight have today issued a forecast for the current financial year which is essentially flat.

The market has unsurprising reacted a little negatively to this but is still a little way ahead of what I regard as a sensible price.

I would expect that earning would pick up again next year but expecting strong growth is being overly optimistic.

Best wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Sensible price? MFT are to me like EBO and FRE very difficult to work out what is a sensible price.Always seem to be either overpriced or grossly over priced. Sell a few and they go up more.

Advanced Member

FORD are closing their plant in Belgium.. Massive Lay-Offs.. Cyprus aside.. Europe is not in a healthy condition..

Must affect freight..

Maybe MF will go back to the old rail freight days.. China to Germany .. 15 days.. Faster than Ships.. Cheaper than Air..

percy

Quote Originally Posted by janner View Post
    FORD are closing their plant in Belgium.. Massive Lay-Offs.. Cyprus aside.. Europe is not in a healthy condition..

Must affect freight..

Maybe MF will go back to the old rail freight days.. China to Germany .. 15 days.. Faster than Ships.. Cheaper than Air..
    If I agreed with you,we'd both be wrong.!

Advanced Member

Are you saying that Europe is in a better condition than I think Perc.. ??

Or..

Are you saying that Rail freight from China to Europe is not a goer for MFT.. ?

percy

The chairman of Cavotec,Europe based, is very confident.Business in both sea and airports picking up,so maybe all is not so bad.I went to CCC meeting on 15/3/13.Like 6% unemployment is really 94% full employment.
    In a presentation given by Don Baird he pointed out the Europeans had not stopped eating,which means there is a lot of food,produce to be delivered to markets.739mil or more people get through a lot of tucker,use a lot of loo paper,cats and dogs keep eating,so even when things slow down there is a lot of business being done.What I did find interesting was the amount of business in other parts of the world comes from their presence in Europe.So it is a very important part of their business that they have to get right.Close to Russia, population 141mil ,and UK, population 62mil.
    15days China to Europe seems history should you compare 5 days China to USA,by sea.
    Last edited by percy; 21-03-2013 at 09:25 PM.

Will not be long before most Ford cars will be built in China so maybe the railway would be the Answer
    Possum The Cat