sharetrader
Page 59 of 153 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109 ... LastLast

Added MFT to my portfolio when the SP was around $59, should have added more too. Enjoyed reading their newsletter which came through post, felt more of a personal connection than reading online. Looking forward to their next update and good to hear the chairman topped up. Probably from the $4+ mil dividend he received.

Some MFT traded at $64 today. Back in June 2014 I used the proceeds from the Nuplex takeover to invest in MFT adding to a small existing position. Average buy in price for the lot is a bit under $14 so it is nice to have a share price appreciation of $50 per share over approaching seven years. Like others I was perhaps irrational in not buying more once the per share price climbed up despite it appearing subsequently in my screening for value stock buys at times.
    Last edited by glennj; 23-12-2020 at 12:18 PM. Reason: added missed word

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by glennj View Post
    Some MFT traded at $64 today. Back in June 2014 I used the proceeds from the Nuplex takeover to invest in MFT adding to a small existing position. Average buy in price for the lot is a bit under $14 so it is nice to have a share price appreciation of $50 per share over approaching seven years. Like others I was perhaps irrational in not buying more once the per share price climbed up despite it appearing subsequently in my screening for value stock buys at times.
    It sure has been one helluva ride. I just looked back on my first purchase of MFT in October 2009 at $5.40. I do not recall anytime in all those years that we haven't had many commentators here and elsewhere suggesting MFT being overpriced. Yeah right !

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by glennj View Post
    That's great return glennj
    20 % compounding return over the 7 years and they way this company performs highly likely to continue

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    That's great return glennj
    20 % compounding return over the 7 years and they way this company performs highly likely to continue
    Now up to $64.95 now and the compounding return figure "kiora" which is 20%+ does not include the substantial dividends received over the years. The annualised percentage return now for those June 2014 purchases including the cash value of dividends received (rounded) is 27% "compounding" according to my bookkeeping software.
    Merry Xmas long term MFT holders!
    Last edited by glennj; 23-12-2020 at 02:45 PM. Reason: more info

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    It sure has been one helluva ride. I just looked back on my first purchase of MFT in October 2009 at $5.40. I do not recall anytime in all those years that we haven't had many commentators here and elsewhere suggesting MFT being overpriced. Yeah right !
    Well done you!

percy

Well done both of you.
    Must admit I think they are currently fully valued....lol.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Well done both of you.
    Must admit I think they are currently fully valued....lol.
    You're probably right but I'll continue to hold. Don't believe in selling good (best?) shares!

percy

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    You're probably right but I'll continue to hold. Don't believe in selling good (best?) shares!
    Was only joking.
    A friend has just dropped in their Newsletter December 2020, which looks as though it will be a lot of good reading.
    Last edited by percy; 23-12-2020 at 04:44 PM.

Can anyone tell me, briefly, what MFT's competitive advantages are? It doesn't make sense to me a logistic company, with intensive competition around, with limited world trade growth, why its SP rise constantly over the past 5 years?