sharetrader
Page 7 of 153 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Good to see that Tower have bought another 1% of MFT whilst they are both undervalued by the market.

Disc MFT & TWR
    om mani peme hum

quote:Originally posted by Paper Tiger

Good to see that Tower have bought another 1% of MFT whilst they are both undervalued by the market.

Disc MFT & TWR
    The connection being?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Someone is giving MFT shares away for a mere $2.50 each for you bargin hunters out there.

Disc: Have lots and I am keeping them.
    om mani peme hum

I was quite surprised to see only a buyer at $2 at open this morning. I was tempted to put in an order at $2.01 myself, in case anyone was so foolish!

I'm altogether mystified about the recent share price performance! [:0]

I think we are agreed that the 22 Feb report for Q3 was a good'un: +20% over same period last year; rev +50% or, excluding acquisitions and forex, +15%; and "trading indicators into Q4 to date will provide a pleasing full-year result".

so, is there a secret something that we don't know about -- the downward wobbles start well before the rest of the market's. I notice that the price was also 250 on 18 March (was P.Tiger a buyer?).

My scan of the charts indicate that mft is not a buy atm, because indicators suggest there is more downside to come. I guess the price has well outstripped the divi (about 2.5% at 255), so it could be that people are taking the capital gain.

I would dearly love to increase my holding, because the fundamentals are so good, as per PT's post above. however, I reckon the next few weeks will continue to drift unless some news comes out.

I sort of see that 245 may be a resistance level -- anybody have any ideas about when scamper should top up? [:I]

I will admit I bought MFT last time they were down this far, but as trading stock and I sold them at $2.64 not long after.
    Unfortunately I have no spare cash at this moment otherwise I would take another punt.
    Where the price goes in the near future I can not predict but you could put a bid in at some sensible number and see if you get a bite.

Good fishing

PS The downward wobbles started 10-Mar with the rest of the market.
    PPS so much of this stock is held by institutions at this moment with various Fisher controlled funds and Tower etc and I do not see them selling out in the near future.
    om mani peme hum

MFT could be good buying today. After breaking through support at 2.40, and then finding some resistance back up through 2.40, it seems the SP might turn round and close back through 2.40 today. It has yet to break it's recent downtrend, but some room for cautious optimism.

DISC: interested buyer

Personally I thought that MFT is not ripe for a buy for a year or so, until they increase their net profit. Their rev is twice their cap which is good, but their net is so low that their P/E is 66.5! Their profit margin is not healthy either, which I think means they will need to go through a streamlining process in the next couple of years. If the increases continue and share price stays about equal, then I think a buy when their P/E is down to 10. Plus it is not a value buy yet, as the companies equity is less than its market cap

quote:Originally posted by optiontrader

their net is so low that their P/E is 66.5!
    I don't profess to really understand company financials (mostly coming from a technical perspective), but you can calculate their P/E on a lot of different figures, and it seems that you've either borrowed an automatically calculated one, or are deliberately making an extreme calculation. Looking at their performance for the first 9 months, I get an EPS of 10.7, giving a PE of about 23. Although this wouldn't be the first time I've shown my extreme ignorance of such things.

Yes, I see where you got your information from, I just picked up my P/E from nzx. Excellent then, MFI's P/E is coming down fast. I will purchase when it reaches 10-12