sharetrader
Page 76 of 153 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    You would think that they would understand that they have some responsibilities when being allowed to roam between the areas and just get on with it.
    They do. It is just that the government decided to introduce these testing requirements (literally) over night without consultation with the industry and without defining a process to e.g. provide evidence for the test.

Government would have had 15 months or so to prepare (I guess it was predictable to have different alert levels in the country, was it not?), but Labour was too busy sitting on its laurels, preparing the big steal of water assets from the local councils and splashing Covid money around for installing surveillance cameras on fishing boats.

Typical Labour fairy dust - just say its going to happen and it does (not ...).
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Investments

MFT closed 91.75 ...down 8% from its top ...Normally thats about max it drops below its recent high ...so maybe a buying opportunity ?

Tremendous volumes traded into passive funds ...never seen MFT having biggest T/O of the day ...3.2 Mil shares ...Most likely these shares are locked in as passive funds dont trade unless sold be retail investors in large numbers ...it should dry up some supply ?

Next week after Index inclusion will set the tone ahead ....MFT dropped on last day and FPH went up !!!

Yes, been watching from the sideline for a few days now. The SP has been falling since I bought in and hit a new low of $90.xx this morning . Comfortable with my holdings atm though, and hoping for an upward trend once dividend is confirmed for later in the year .

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by mikelee View Post
    Yes, been watching from the sideline for a few days now. The SP has been falling since I bought in and hit a new low of $90.xx this morning . Comfortable with my holdings atm though, and hoping for an upward trend once dividend is confirmed for later in the year .
    Yes ..instead of $ 100 ...$ 90 come ...lol ....But no worries mate ...its the most reliable stock of NZX

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by mikelee View Post
    1 week range 90.70 - 96.50
    4 weeks range 88.00 - 99.78
    26 weeks range 66.00 - 99.78
    52 weeks range 45.00 - 99.78

A bit of perspective, despite poor SP performance last week or so.
    A very happy holder.

From a technical perspective caution would have to be advised at these levels in the time horizon of ~1-3 months. Looking like a monthly climax top after a very strong run and there is a large distance from monthly EMA's.

I would be watching $88 as a potential pivot area for a bounce, but only to expect a weekly lower higher. If we lose this level then we can expect monthly consolidation, at which point I'd start scouting a buy around monthly EMA12 and support areas (likely $80-82).

Can't predict what will happen, but can have a game plan for the likely scenarios and take action if they play out.

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTheHorse View Post
    From a technical perspective caution would have to be advised at these levels in the time horizon of ~1-3 months. Looking like a monthly climax top after a very strong run and there is a large distance from monthly EMA's.

I would be watching $88 as a potential pivot area for a bounce, but only to expect a weekly lower higher. If we lose this level then we can expect monthly consolidation, at which point I'd start scouting a buy around monthly EMA12 and support areas (likely $80-82).

Can't predict what will happen, but can have a game plan for the likely scenarios and take action if they play out.
    Agree with your analysis ...been saying for a while that MFT is too far above its long term averages and will need to consolidate ...but going to $ 81 is almost 20% below recent top ...only possible in very bad overall markets scenario ...most likely $ 88 and then back in business ...

good to see the SP on an upward climb again, hopefully with AKL down to Lv3 some back logs can be cleared
    I wonder if NZ is short of truck drivers too like the rest of the world though?

Struggling to get through $96

or to break thru the $100 barrier earlier
    read an article this week about how the shipping back log around the world is not likely to ease until later next year