sharetrader
Page 87 of 153 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137 ... LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    It seems to stem from the cost (& admin) saving in NZ (from the point of view from the employer/business owner) of switching from employees to "independent" contractors. Contractors have the incentive to work long hours and save costs with less oversight from the big company with the resources to check. I just hope that road safety is not collateral damage. I doubt that this is an issue confined to MFT.

Interesting point from the article that big customers can of course squeeze a good price - so the pressure goes onto the "independent" contractor driver.

Disc: Holder
    Last edited by Bjauck; 16-12-2021 at 09:35 AM.

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Hmm - yes, does not quite fit into Mainfreights story of a caring team, doesn't it? Still - sounds they rectified the problem already and appears the claims are anyway a bit overblown ...

MFT SP had a stellar rise since since Covid minibear ... and I don't see a break of the uptrend - do you?

Attachment 13328
    Uptrend will remain ...just a minor hiccups ...already sorted and " No further action required " result . Short term selling reasons can be plenty but uptrend will be maintained till we have a growing business ...after all SP follows EPS ...which is clearly still growing for next 2 years on expanded margins and expanded geographies / regions ...plenty of untapped growth opportunities ahead still .

Though I do think growth of SP will be lower ahead ...maybe 15% or so ...

Its done its regular consolidation of few months around 88-92 region so getting ready for Feb trading update ...$ 100 is just a question of time ..

Sounds good to me, I'm in no hurry to sell. The dividend MFT pays more than makes up for what banks would pay.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikelee View Post
    Sounds good to me, I'm in no hurry to sell. The dividend MFT pays more than makes up for what banks would pay.
    With inflation running away on us, don’t count your chickens before they hatch.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    With inflation running away on us, don’t count your chickens before they hatch.
    The transport inflation is the highest of all the inputs in to the inflation index. But MFT will pass those costs on to customers and ultimately consumers. Watch out exporters & importers.

I also think $100 not far off so I brought some more last week. The question is then, will they do a split.
    Last edited by Shareguy; 17-12-2021 at 06:48 AM.

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by Shareguy View Post
    I also think $100 not far off so I brought some more last week. The question is then, will they do a split.
    If they want better valuations for their stock thus for their shareholders then they must think of doing it ...maybe reverse of what SKT did ...100 for 1 ...make it very affordable in the minds of retail investors ...it will zoom to 1.20 in no time ...lol

Could someone please raise this at the next shareholder's meeting?

Got my first newsletter in the mail recently. Good to read about the many positive stories, including ongoing investment in the business. I like how MFT stays in touch with investors on top of the bi-annual financial update.

Bit of a novel isn't it! Big leaps being made in global expansion - proving very powerful business enablers in the Covid world.