sharetrader
Page 26 of 158 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast

Hello GT et al.
    i notice that your query on 1 oct, and my response the next day, mark the lowest lows in about a year!
    in the last two weeks, a number of TA indicators have taken a sharp upturn: relative strength, stochastics, moving average convergence/divergence, the price has poked through the 30-day MA on reasonable volume, and if today's 707 holds, it will have nudged through the short-term downtrend, but is still within the year-long downer.

at the point in the chart, a buy would still be considered risky, but do-able for someone with sharp eyes and strong nerves.
    scamper's a holder. cheers.

Looks like Scamper's risk is pay off steadily~ these last couple of days.

Dsic: Viking's a holder, too.
    Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler.
    --- Albert Einstein

Yes, and in the last two weeks, all sorts of TA indicators have become quietly positive after the great dump at the end of september.
    Relative strength, stochastics, macd, bollinger bands, and even the on-balance-volume are looking good.
    however, the ytd downtrend is not confirmed as broken until a close above ~740. soooo, the charts indicate a buying time is at hand depending on one's risk tolerance.
    Best wishes.

Mosting of the shipping company in the world is experience profit boom in the last couple of years. Our parent company (a shipping giant) has been paying the equivelent of 10-12 months bonus to its employees for the last 2 years (so jelous of them).There are simply not enough vessles out there to carry all the cargo at the moment. Wonder if that would have an on-flow effect towards MFT?
    Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler.
    --- Albert Einstein

Whats happened to MFT? My wife has a small long-term holding and I haven't really been following, but see that it has been trending down for the last 9 mths since its top of ~$8 last April . Is there something that I have missed?
    thks
    PM

Quote Originally Posted by pickle_master View Post
    Whats happened to MFT? My wife has a small long-term holding and I haven't really been following, but see that it has been trending down for the last 9 mths since its top of ~$8 last April . Is there something that I have missed?
    thks
    PM
    I think the SP just raced a little bit ahead of itself. As far as I'm aware it's still a great stock, but the price maybe got a bit inflated. I'm not sure whether it's currently oversold or still on its way back toward fair value, however.

thanks limegreen. Yeah, might just stick it out and 'tuck away'. Hopefully next time I have a look it won't be a dollar

This thread seems pretty quite...

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Thumbs up A Good Morning Read

Third quarter result is out.

Disc:
    om mani peme hum

Advanced Member

Default MFT Chart

The MFT chart gave many clear Sell signals when MFT's long uptrend ended. The subsequent downtrend has illustrated the folly of blindly "buying and holding" stocks - even good ones. Those that ignored the fact that the uptrend had ended have given some of their gains back to the market and had money tied up going nowhere for over a year.

On 12/2/08 MFT gave a Buy signal at $5.94 (light green arrow) when the confirmed trendline was broken. To my mind, this signal should have been ignored for the following reasons :-
    (1) No confirmation from other indicators.
    (2) No volume increase.
    (3) Below previous resistance at $6.00 (round figure - remember?)
    (4) You would be buying into a downtrend.

This morning, MFT trades have been going through at around $6.05. This has triggered another Buy signal (dark green arrow) :-
    (1) Break above resistance at $6.00.
    (2) Uptrend begins.

Conservative investors might like to wait for confirmation from a break of the OBV trendline before buying.

The really conservative might like to wait for the longterm QStick indicator to trigger a buy signal.

The chart shows the latest price of $6.05 - I'm sure you all realise that the Close may well be different. If it is below $6.00, this post is rendered irrelevant, but at least I can't be accused of posting signals in "hindsight"!!!!!!

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Question Definite maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    ...but at least I can't be accused of posting signals in "hindsight"!!!!!!
    Hah! but you are not giving us an un-equivocal buy either with your 'conservative investors' remarks.

The obvious trick here is buy in with one of those wonderful 5% stops to guarantee our profits

Fundamentally I would say that this a reasonably priced stock with good medium to long-term upside, but in the current climate I would be wary of buying it.
    See, even us fundies can sit on the fence.

regards
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum