sharetrader
Page 30 of 153 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast

dear winner and sir P.
    in spite of devoted reading of this forum, i seem to have missed the education sessions on Golden Crosses. Please could you help
    Your ever humble puppy, scamper.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by scamper View Post
    dear winner and sir P.
    in spite of devoted reading of this forum, i seem to have missed the education sessions on Golden Crosses. Please could you help
    Your ever humble puppy, scamper.
    Scamper....you can blame Macduffy on bringing up the Golden Cross subject on the DOW thread 24-06-2009 Post #479 There was another page of discussion after his post.

Enjoy

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Ever so tantalising close to a Golden Cross a week or so ago .... that 50MA line getting away from the 200MA line not good

I'm hooked on these Golden Cross things
    Hey Guys a silver cross happened about 6 weeks ago. Hows that grab ya

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Yankiwi View Post
    Looks like I lose my dividend virginity today. In fact I decided to do a bit of a top up today @ 4.10 which brought my average down to 4.22.

Still a bit high but thats ok for now. Solid company with ample growth. It wont be to long and they will also be granting me with one nice hangover after my divi turns up.
    Yankiwi...It sounds like you have been seduced by the dark side. Did you average down (an investment no no in a downtrending stock) just for the 10c Dividend ??

You quoted my post and an update on that post is that I sold nearly all on the MA30 cross and the sudden other indicators sell signals on the 28th of May/ early June for between $4.50 and $4.45 when they released a downbeat forecast with their Full year report.. I booked a 15% profit for those 10 weeks I had MFT

Yes a good company, good management, but the time to invest back in is not yet for me ...From where I sit the Technicals still look bad... OBV is still falling 7 weeks after the forecast announcement..... Phaedrus may not be happy with you especially after posting his TA indicator charts.

Some good news for you...I occasionally go through the Avalon Dr Mainfreight in Hamilton..the place seemed emptier and lacked activity during the Autumn months but was surprised last week when I went in to get some firewood pallets, the place was full again and busy..a good sign... eh.
    Last edited by Hoop; 18-07-2009 at 02:15 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Yankiwi View Post
    Yes Hoop, the dark side did win out in my decission making this time, and it's looking at this point it was the right choice. The s/p ex dividend has gone from 4.00 to 4.40 and there's talk of letting them put more freight on each truck. On another note, it seems as though heaps of household insulation will be moving all around the country and someone has got to be moving it!

There hasn't been alot of volume in the recent rise, but I am quite happy holding for the short/medium term.
    Well timed Yankiwi...good on ya.... your early entry was too much risk for my discipline...but hey, we all have different investment strategies and if they all work who cares

The buy signals for me came in last Thursday (23rd) so I bought back in Av $4.30 ...and for good measure I bought some more this morning at $4.39.

Its amazing isn't it.... when I posted 10 days ago the TA looked like dog tucker and I wasn't interested at all...5 days after that post, I'm in and today accumulating further.

Guru

Interesting article in the NBR this morning

Bridges not up to 50-tonne spec

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote ...."...............It could be years before transport operators are able to take advantage of a rule change allowing them to increase load weight limits.........................

..............Mr Joyce was expected to confirm the rule change later this year, boosting the weight limit from 44-tonnes to a maximum of 53-tonnes for some trucks on specific routes.
    Permits would be written for operators covering a specific route, a little like airlines filing a flight plan. Any bridges on a proposed route not able to safely carry 53 tonnes, would likely lead to a permit refusal.
    And, with more than 300 bridges identified in the NZTA study as requiring work worth an estimated $85 million, permitted routes face the prospect of being cut short...................................."
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

..and you can bet your boots this won't be high on Transits priority list...and even if it is, my personal view is that the way Transit operates it will take years.
    Last edited by Hoop; 28-07-2009 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Added Transit website link

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Thumbs up Silent Running

Hit the $6.50 barrier today, but no obvious dents in the bodywork.

The trading volume on Mainfreight picked up a couple of months ago, and the OBV is running away.
    As far as I can determine those buying now are factoring in some strong growth over the next couple of years.
    Although I believe this is one of the best companies on the NZX currently, as is often the case, I feel it is a tad overpriced.

regards
    Paper Tiger

Disc: MFT is my single largest shareholding.
    om mani peme hum

Guru

Gee..PT...You've had this stock for a while now.

A marvelous stock to own and get a good night sleep as well ....steady uphill mover... uninterrupted by economic recovery concerns ...the uptrend not even impacted by the recent market correction...great stuff.

Yankiwi..8 month old question...Still in Hoop?
    Ooohh yes
    Last edited by Hoop; 06-04-2010 at 11:29 PM.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Thumbs up Full Year 2010

So profit of $36M4 or 36.9cps, which is a P/E of 16. This provides a moderate increase in the headline profit.
    Dividend stays the same at 10cps.

Usual stuff in the commentary a number of satisfactory's and a disappointing.

The good thing is that some bonus as been paid and I would have been happy for them to provide a more extensive one. It is important to keep your employees motivated.

Anyways a definite 'not too bad' in the circumstances. My faith in the management remains and I look forward to the time when the US and Asia operations really start to contribute to the bottom line.
    om mani peme hum

Guru

Yes I agree PT..not too bad a result.
    A good bounce back to solid growth in the last half year up 11% sales / 58% earnings from that of the bad 1st half...This momentum has continued into this 2010 financial year so the PE being at 16 seems justified. Management did the necessary cost cutting stuff during the 2008/2009 hard times as all good management should. Incentives to boost production ..all good management strategies.
    Nothings changed in my book ...PT like you have faith in the management.

The market seemed not to like the result though down 14c**...get the feeling the price fall is not warranted FA wise. TA wise the Charts don't look good so maybe the fall is technical rather than fundamental.

**price bounced up as I wrote now down 8

Disc: own MFT shares