sharetrader
Page 32 of 152 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

Default Chart Update.

The long uptrend continues. This is a nice, tidy linear uptrend that has never strayed very far from its trendline.
    By contrast, the OBV plot is a bit untidy and has diverged quite widely from its trendline. While the overall uptrend is unmistakable, other volume indicators such as the Williams' Accumulation/Distribution Indicator shown here give a tighter trendline that, theoretically at least, may give a more timely exit signal than the OBV. PT will be angry at me for even mentioning Sell signals and MFT in the same post, but they will come. No uptrend lasts forever.

Anyone work out what interest cover will be?

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Cool Mr Mellow - That's Me

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    ...PT will be angry at me for even mentioning Sell signals and MFT in the same post, but they will come. No uptrend lasts forever....
    My dear Phaedrus

Say what you will, I am as happy to read a post by you as I am a post by anybody else. Please feel free to continue drawing your pretty pictures.

Despite continuously being on the Mainfreight share register for nearly seven years, I have in that time sold many and have also bought more.

best wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Guru

Default The Elite group in the NZ50

Yes true no uptrend lasts forever.....however atm the sun is shining on MFT because it is above the cloud cover on its chart..in other words its in blue sky territory, above all its previous high points, therefore has no resistance levels only support levels.

This blue sky area is the envy of all stocks...to be where only a few have been before.
    My Incredible chart program goes back only 8 years but during this time period only two** other stocks in the NZ50 at this moment are are soaring above the clouds in blue sky with MFT.

They are Ebos (EBO) and Port of Tauranga (POT)

If these stocks are not already in your portfolio you would have to question yourself why not...hmm?

Disc don't have EBOS POT
    but have MFT

EDIT
    ** ANO... doesn't count
    Last edited by Hoop; 08-03-2011 at 10:02 AM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Yes true no uptrend lasts forever.....however atm the sun is shining on MFT because it is above the cloud cover on its chart..in other words its in blue sky territory, above all its previous high points, therefore has no resistance levels only support levels.

This blue sky area is the envy of all stocks...to be where only a few have been before.
    My Incredible chart program goes back only 8 years but during this time period only two** other stocks in the NZ50 at this moment are are soaring above the clouds in blue sky with MFT.

They are Ebos (EBO) and Port of Tauranga (POT)

If these stocks are not already in your portfolio you would have to question yourself why not...hmm?

Disc don't have EBOS POT
    but have MFT

EDIT
    ** ANO... doesn't count
    I have the other two,but not Mainfreight.Should have.!!!! As per all good shares,always seemed too dear. A friend's son works for them,and cannot speak highly enough of them.If you want a really great book to read it is the Mainfreight story.My only regret was the book came to an end while the Mainfreight story just gets better.

Senior Member Toulouse - Luzern's Avatar

Fisherfunds NZ Growth has a large MFT component in its portfolio and presumably continues to buy with positive investor inflows...
    FF NZGrowth unit price was up 4 cents yesterday with this and other positive stocks ...

Share Collector

Better beat PT to it and point out that MFT's result looked pretty tidy there.

On some metrics, MFT looks expensive, but, considering the post FY acquisition of Wim Bosman, it is possible MFT is still on a PEG of less than 1 (at $9.26). That's basing the PEG on current tax-normal PE and potential 1 year forward growth in NPAT.

Guru

$9.88 up 44c
    Liz it seems the market today thinks it undervalued (PEG less than 1)

NZ Sav Cab and toast* tonight is it PT?
    Last edited by Hoop; 27-05-2011 at 01:19 PM.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Cool This is all getting VERY SILLY

One wonders if some idiot is going to have a go at the $10 barrier.

I am completely out of NZ wine - the last bottle of a rather nice Chardonnay disappeared mid week.
    However I do have a passable Shiraz and a few bottles of Sav Cab & Merlot from a fantastic winery in the Yarra Valley.

So that and some raisin bread could well be on the menu this evening.

best wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Advanced Member

The flagship of my NZ portfolio. Has a good head of steam and, like a giant super-tanker, it will take many miles before it can be turned round. Hard to get holders to provide "fuel" for buyers to purchase.

Is the largest holding in Carmel Fisher's KFL, hence the interest in that stock too. (RYM is their second largest holding, for info of those afficionados.)