sharetrader
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    He owned up as being Peter
    Thanks Winner. Appears to be a similar MO - over-keen to be doing what he thinks is the right thing for his fellow investors?
    Death will be reality, Life is just an illusion.

percy

well done Steve and winner69.thank goodness sharetrader has poster's like you who have good memories and clear thoughts!

One post back in 2005 congratulated him and the family getting heaps of shares for 53 cents and Peter seems to have bought more along the way in excess of $1

Does he still hold his 16% and has there been a share split somewhere along the way?

Quote Originally Posted by winner69
    Does he still hold his 16% and has there been a share split somewhere along the way?
    Huljich interests in NZF are still significant.

Instead of a share split - we have had a GFC - same effect though.

NZF Group have announced they are reviewing options for recapitalisation following the S&P review of NZF Money (indicating the thinly capitalised parent as the reason for the B rating of Money). You would have to speculate if Huljich interests will use the mandatory recapitalisation as an opportunity for taking control.
    Do not consider my postings as investment advice. I am here to share research and to speculate on what might be. The boundary between fact and conjecture might not always be clear - best to treat all comments as speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    FWIW and I don't want to show my age here, the Huljich who used to bounce around on Sharetrader many moons ago went by the name 'Long Strangle'. While he hasn't been on the borads since 2005, it was around the time that the Huljich's were getting involved with NZ Finance. If you flick thru the relevant postings, you will see that 'Long Strangle' was quite often on the nose with his guesstimates of future earnings upgrades etc for NZF. From memory, once it became known that he was a Huljich and had involvement with NZF, there were a few comments made regarding ethics & dropping hints with non-public information. That's about when 'Long Strangle' left the boards of Sharetrader.

Unfortunately, I don't recall the first name of this Huljich...
    How did you guys find out it was Huljich?

The fund relative returns are difficult to track down. This is the best I can find:

http://www.goodreturns.co.nz/article...ce-survey.html

Describing the Huljich fund returns as "second to bottom" for the December quarter does not present an accurate assessment of fund performance. More "hatchet jobs" on Huljich - makes me wonder what the guy has done - apart from given money to his investors - to warrant this orchestrated litany of lies.

I wonder if there are league tables of the relative performance of "Financial Planners"? I wonder if portfolios designed by these people brimming with BridgeCorp and Hanover debentures deserves the same level of scrutiny as Huljich compensating investors in an irregular manner? No I suppose there is no interest in the former and plenty of interest in the latter - for the life of me, I cannot understand this.
    Do not consider my postings as investment advice. I am here to share research and to speculate on what might be. The boundary between fact and conjecture might not always be clear - best to treat all comments as speculation.

Enumerate,

Where is this listed on NZDX?

Is it under a different name? I can't seem to find it.

Thanks,

Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan3285

Where is this listed on NZDX?

Is it under a different name? I can't seem to find it.
    I have taken the liberty of adding the thread to the NZDX sub-category as I was expecting fixed interest or income investors to be interested in the issues of market governance and oversight raised by the diversion of public approbation, of the finance sector, onto Huljich.

Your choices are:

1) avert your gaze from the discussion; or
    2) request the moderator to reallocate the thread to some more appropriate sub-category.

This is part of my ongoing initiative to broaden fixed interest discussion away from SCF.

There is no charge for this public service.

Quote Originally Posted by Enumerate View Post
    ... I wonder if portfolios designed by these people brimming with BridgeCorp and Hanover debentures deserves the same level of scrutiny as Huljich compensating investors in an irregular manner? No I suppose there is no interest in the former and plenty of interest in the latter - for the life of me, I cannot understand this.
    Teh issues around Huljich are decenlty enough documented on these threds.

With respect to Bridgecorp we have Rod Petricevic, Rob Roest, Gary Urwin and chairman Bruce Davidson facing 10 charges so they are coffered of. With Hanover we have ALF forwading file sfo r furhter investigation. With Blue Chip we have Mark Bryers facing somehting like 70 charges. Brian Clegg pleaed guilty and got 12 month home D for $15m. Marcus MacDonald, Anthony Bowden and Nicholas Kirk of Five Star were banned as Directors; Nevilel Cant and Rys Morgan were charged as were Trevor Ludlow, Anthony Banbrook and Carol Braithwaite of National Finance. Theres no shortage of Direcotrs doing dodgy stuff and no shortage of directors who have had their actions reviewed by thee courts - why should Huljich be any different?

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Teh issues around Huljich are decenlty enough documented on these threds.

With respect to Bridgecorp we have Rod Petricevic, Rob Roest, Gary Urwin and chairman Bruce Davidson facing 10 charges so they are coffered of. With Hanover we have ALF forwading file sfo r furhter investigation. With Blue Chip we have Mark Bryers facing somehting like 70 charges. Brian Clegg pleaed guilty and got 12 month home D for $15m. Marcus MacDonald, Anthony Bowden and Nicholas Kirk of Five Star were banned as Directors; Nevilel Cant and Rys Morgan were charged as were Trevor Ludlow, Anthony Banbrook and Carol Braithwaite of National Finance. Theres no shortage of Direcotrs doing dodgy stuff and no shortage of directors who have had their actions reviewed by thee courts - why should Huljich be any different?
    Huljich must face scrutiny and face action as appropriate.

I do think his actions are not fraudulent however (unlike the others).