sharetrader
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Enumerate View Post
    I have taken the liberty of adding the thread to the NZDX sub-category as I was expecting fixed interest or income investors to be interested in the issues of market governance and oversight raised by the diversion of public approbation, of the finance sector, onto Huljich.

This is part of my ongoing initiative to broaden fixed interest discussion away from SCF.
    You raise an interesting option.

The best option here would be for SCF to take over the Hirich Kiwisaver fund, and swap their investments therein for SCF prefs.

This would enable the investors to liquidate their investments more easily, and would simultaneously help to recapitalise SCF.

Have you spoken to Chris Lee? He would likely support your suggestion.

Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Enumerate View Post
    The fund relative returns are difficult to track down. This is the best I can find:

http://www.goodreturns.co.nz/article...ce-survey.html

Describing the Huljich fund returns as "second to bottom" for the December quarter does not present an accurate assessment of fund performance.
    An accurate is no longer possble because of the "Topping Up" The tables can't compare apples with apples.

But the information is out there. For the past three months (with no top up) Huljitch rates on Morningstar (the only league table out there):
    MultiSector moderate - 16th out of 16 with a 0.81% return against an average of 2.01%
    MultiSector balanced - 23rd /24. 0.68% vs 2.57 ave
    Growth - 20/20. 0.66% vs 3.14%

I wonder if there are league tables of the relative performance of "Financial Planners"?
    That Financial Planners don't have league tables is probably not so important now since their behaviour in the past has been so dodgy that the Finacial Advisors Act 2008 needed to get passed.

But if you want league tables there are always the S &P credit ratings. And NZF Money (where Huljich is a Director) gets a B rating there.
    Last edited by minimoke; 16-03-2010 at 10:40 AM.

percy

on the 11/4.2002 I sold all of my Bridgecorp shares at 95c per share after reading an article by Chalkie in Unlimited mag.I had trouble understanding their a/cs however Chalkie could see through them.Just thought you all may wish to know why I value Chalkie's opinion so much.
    I can only see history repeating itself,should we let "cheats"off.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Huljich must face scrutiny and face action as appropriate.

I do think his actions are not fraudulent however (unlike the others).
    I'm not sure what word I'd use for actions that falsely enhance returns with the possible effect of enticing others to invest!

Seriously misleading, perhaps?

The Long Strangle story mentioned by Steve is featured on content on the NBR website today .... good one Steve for remembering that

Make your own mind up ... go to Community / Member List to find Long Strangle and then click on All Posts

or try this

http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/search.php?searchid=5503
    Last edited by winner69; 16-03-2010 at 01:36 PM.

Default David McEwen joins Huljich

More progress today" Huljich Wealth Management has appointed Investment Research Group (IRG) chief investment officer David McEwen as an external consultant to its investment committee."

Quote Originally Posted by Alan3285 View Post
    You raise an interesting option.

The best option here would be for SCF to take over the Hirich Kiwisaver fund, and swap their investments therein for SCF prefs.

This would enable the investors to liquidate their investments more easily, and would simultaneously help to recapitalise SCF.

Have you spoken to Chris Lee? He would likely support your suggestion.

Alan.
    Lol! Alan ... you really do know how to extract the michael ...
    Do not consider my postings as investment advice. I am here to share research and to speculate on what might be. The boundary between fact and conjecture might not always be clear - best to treat all comments as speculation.

Default Chalkie

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    on the 11/4.2002 I sold all of my Bridgecorp shares at 95c per share after reading an article by Chalkie in Unlimited mag.I had trouble understanding their a/cs however Chalkie could see through them.Just thought you all may wish to know why I value Chalkie's opinion so much.
    I can only see history repeating itself,should we let "cheats"off.
    If my memory is correct Chalkie was associated with "The Independent " and any present day Chalkie is not the same person. ( I have been wrong however)
    Westerly

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    More progress today" Huljich Wealth Management has appointed Investment Research Group (IRG) chief investment officer David McEwen as an external consultant to its investment committee."
    I'm not convinced that this is positive: IMO - IRG = Brent King = BARGE POLE
    Death will be reality, Life is just an illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    The Long Strangle story mentioned by Steve is featured on content on the NBR website today .... good one Steve for remembering that
    Unfortunately it's subscriber only - are you able to provide a summary?
    Death will be reality, Life is just an illusion.