sharetrader
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This may not be the most intelligent question ive posted, but whats holding NKP back if platinum slightly outrunning gold at the moment- can someone care to enlighten me ?
    Last edited by SCHUMACHER; 02-08-2016 at 12:33 PM.
    \"if women didn,t exist , all the money in the world would mean nothing\" Aristotle Anasis.

\"The trend is your friend\"

\"A mans reach should always extend beyond his grasp" J.F Kennedy

Sorry - late to the party - and answered my own question
    Nkwe Platinum Limited (ěNkwe Platinumî or ěthe Companyî) (ASX: NKP) reports its activities for the quarter ended
    30 June 2016 on the Companyís operations in the Republic of South Africa. SUMMARY
     Dr Tan Tielong appointed as Managing Director and chief Executive Officer, effective 2 May 2016.  An announcement on settlement of court proceedings: International Petroleum Limited, was released on 20
    May 2016.  Eskom granted Environmental Authorisation for Garatau grid power project. Company Overview
    The Garatau Project consists of three contiguous properties Garatouw 282KT, Hoepakrantz 291KT and De Kom
    252KT, located in the Eastern Limb of the Bushveld Complex, approximately 20 kilometres to the northwest of
    Steelpoort town, in an established mining district with extensive existing infrastructure. Nkwe Platinum owns 74%
    of the Mining Right. To date the project has an independently estimated total resource of 43.69 million ounces (Moz) of 3
    PGE + Au (20.51 Moz from Hoepakrantz, 21.78 Moz from Garatouw and 1.40 Moz from De Kom). A
    summary of the Garatau Mineral Resource Statement is given in Table 1 below. A technical feasibility and commercial viability of extracting these mineral resources has been
    demonstrated by the delivered definitive feasibility study. The critical mining regulatory
    authorisations such as the Mining Right and Environmental Authorisations are all in place. There are no exploration activities currently taking place. CORPORATE
    Board Changes
    Dr Tan Tielong was appointed as Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Nkwe
    Platinum, effective 2 May 2016. This followed the resignation of Mr Zhilin (Abraham) as
    Managing Director of the Company on the same day. Dr Tan Tielong was previously appointed Deputy General Manager of Overseas Development
    Department of Zijin Mining Group in 2013. He was in charge of coordinating and supervising
    Zijinís overseas operations. Settlement of Court Proceedings: International Petroleum Limited
    The court proceedings between Nkwe Platinum and International Petroleum Limited (ěIPLî) have
    been settled on the basis that each party has agreed to its claim against the other being
    dismissed, with no order as to costs. Under the settlement agreement, Nkwe Platinum paid
    $280,000 to IPL being full and final settlement. In return Nkwe Platinum acquired IPLís 10%
    interest (including any beneficial interest) in the Mining Rights in Hoepakrantz 291KT. This means
    the Companyís beneficial ownership of the Hoepakrantz 291KT Mining Right has increased to
    74% from 64% with the other 26% held by Genorah Resources (Pty) Limited
    \"if women didn,t exist , all the money in the world would mean nothing\" Aristotle Anasis.

What's holding back NKP is the "Zijin Group" ...they have been a cancer for NKP shareholders .... soon as they gained the controlling 60% stake they just put NKP (world class tier 1 PGM projects on the shelf) as yet another asset to their portfolio and have done next to nothing to advance the project outside very recent times ...

As we know Zijin already having pre-approved government loans of 400mill+ to see NKP a world Major PGM producer...

To put NKP current value into perspective ..the last PR done by NKP was a presentation released to the market was Sept 2010 .. 6 years ago!!! at the time the SP was 49c with huge upside to come $1+ etc

Platinum at the time was lower in the local SA Rand by just over 10% ....and around $1700oz AUD (currently 1500oz)
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    What's holding back NKP is the "Zijin Group" ...they have been a cancer for NKP shareholders .... soon as they gained the controlling 60% stake they just put NKP (world class tier 1 PGM projects on the shelf) as yet another asset to their portfolio and have done next to nothing to advance the project outside very recent times ...

As we know Zijin already having pre-approved government loans of 400mill+ to see NKP a world Major PGM producer...

To put NKP current value into perspective ..the last PR done by NKP was a presentation released to the market was Sept 2010 .. 6 years ago!!! at the time the SP was 49c with huge upside to come $1+ etc

Platinum at the time was lower in the local SA Rand by just over 10% ....and around $1700oz AUD (currently 1500oz)
    Another wealth destroying story for the small guy - i recall similiar thing happened to AGS - Beverly 4 mile AND THEY LOST OUT to Heathcote however AGS should never have farmed out so much so that they would lose control -

NKP may be able to sell their stake for say 2 to 4 x current price but once that happens the world class asset disappears and these clowns have nicked an asset for a fraction of market value mmm same old same old- reminds me of those early days of the corporate raiders of the 80's and 90's

****so i guess question now is - what would these raiders offer NKP shareholders for the remaining 40% stake?
    Last edited by SCHUMACHER; 02-08-2016 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SCHUMACHER View Post
    Another wealth destroying story for the small guy - i recall similiar thing happened to AGS - Beverly 4 mile AND THEY LOST OUT to Heathcote however AGS should never have farmed out so much so that they would lose control -

NKP may be able to sell their stake for say 2 to 4 x current price but once that happens the world class asset disappears and these clowns have nicked an asset for a fraction of market value mmm same old same old- reminds me of those early days of the corporate raiders of the 80's and 90's

****so i guess question now is - what would these raiders offer NKP shareholders for the remaining 40% stake?
    I've done a few numbers and from talking with many of the other members of the minority Group (which holds 24-26%)
    I understand 40c AUD would be a very fair acceptable starting price (still dirt cheap for Zijin)

...but of course PGM prices have increased another 15% in value since then so mid 40's could well be the new fair value price.... from memory I used only $40 USD per reserve PGM oz

Last year EVN.asx offered some $60-70 per reserve gold oz for my PXG shares (and they got control of PXG not long after final offer)

Of course Zijin will make a pathetic ..maybe 10-12c offer once Mining Right Registration is finalized ..backed up with a crooked valuation report...

But they need us to accept to gain full control .....so it's going be a fight to the death ....
    Last edited by JBmurc; 02-08-2016 at 07:00 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

So the question is when will NKP run

So the question is when will NKP run

However i tend to stay away from companies like NKP that have legal scraps with big players trying to #$%@ them which is exactly NKP story

However i tend to stay away from companies like NKP that have legal scraps with big players trying to #$%@ them which is exactly NKP story
    Yes and in hindsight I should have keeped NKP on the watchlist and waited to the present to buy in ..at the time thought Zijin was going move for a T/O going from talk around at the time ...still Zijin will have major pressure to take full control once mining licence is issued as to access the Chinese development loan 400mill+ they are required to have full control ...then add in PGM prices continue to head higher .....time is not on Zijin side

Companies involved in legal scraps either internally or with JV partners always puts me off, waste of money and takes the eye of the ball.

NKP - i'm following the story, but like my old favourite oiler OEL, just doesnt look good.

Quality management and whose on the share register give me a better level of comfort, ie the likes of AZS with Mark Creasy a large shareholder