sharetrader
Page 38 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

All we need now, is for DC to take over Papa Surf's surfboard from AFT, to get some product moving through their chain.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Not from me.,..........................lol.
    Point is you visit The Chemist Warehouse, either online or visit a store,and see how much you can save,why would you buy the same products from Life Pharmacy again.?
    Good question and interesting comparison. I looked more into the stuff the wife typically buys (like cosmetic / skincare) and didn't find that significant price differences. It is just - our spend on painkillers is neglectable - typically less than one package per year.

Anyway - sorry to hear that you need the latter currently on a large scale. Hope things will improve for you soon - and I am sure that you know how to use them.

Unfortunately not everybody does - much painkiller abuse in NZ ... and people are dying for overdosing on them - I recon this is the people who bought them cheap at the discounter or supermarket - the pharmacist would have reminded them to stick within the safe limits;

However - just one other thought. I remember my grandmother using already 50 years ago the word "Apothekenpreise" (pharmacy prices) to describe the price level of shops with very expensive (too dear) products. Despite everybody knowing that pharmacies are expensive and have been over decades (and probably centuries) - they are still around. Funny that, isn't it?

Maybe saving some cents per tablet on painkillers is not the only consideration for the majority of consumers? At least this is not the way it worked in the past, but maybe now things are different?
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 19-04-2021 at 11:44 AM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

percy

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I am currently having sinus issues and will be having an operation to fix ,shortly.
    So I am using paracetamol,ibuprofen and Neil Med Sinus rinse 120 premixed sachets.So lets check prices.
    .................................................. ............................Life Pharmacy.................The Chemist warehouse....Savings $.........Savings %
    Neil Med Sinus Rinse 120 premixed sachets......................$44.99............... ................$31.99...................$13.00... .............28.90%
    Ethics Paracetamol tablets 100s........................................$6.99. ...............................$2.49.............. .......$4.50....................256%
    Ethics Ibuprofen tabltes 100s...........................................$16 .99...............................$2.99........... ..........$14.00...................559%
    So each time I purchase all three the cost is ....................$68.97........................ ........$37.47....................$31.50.......... .......45.68%
    Update.I have just checked The Chemist Warehouse price of the Sinus Rinse.Is now $29.99.,so total spend is now $33.47 and total saved is $35.50 or 51.48%.

I first went into The Chemist Warehouse to buy some AiOra Bone + Joint tablets,and noticed the above products, that I had previously brought from the local chemist were far cheaper.Going by the numbers I see at The Chemist Warehouse I am not the only one who likes to save dollars.
    Last edited by percy; 19-04-2021 at 12:04 PM.

Not quite as smart as winner in producing these amazing EPS vs SP charts, but here is my go:

GXH-metrics.JPG

Feels like PE (the third of the charts) is currently on the cheaper side, but who knows, maybe 2014 to 2018 (with a higher P/E) have only been a one off aberration ...
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 19-04-2021 at 12:33 PM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Just for you Peter

sed your EPS numbers. EPS for any March is shown as from prior Oct to next S ept (forward and backward looking eh). Shareprices are monthly close

Guessed March 2021 EPS as 11 cents

Over the duration of chart average PE has averaged 13.4 - take out the bubble period its average 11.1

GXH need to tell the market aa story around how they are as good as they were in 2014/2015/2016 - but as long as they say silence (lack of stories to the market etc)they'll probably trade below that PE of 11.1 - on my eps guess share price should be 120 plus

Interesting
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by winner69; 19-04-2021 at 01:53 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I reckon it's the the 'power of the story ' that drives corporate value - or rather a decent chunk of it

GXH is obviously lacking a decent story and its share price currently reflects that

Below is a chart of GXH's PE ratio over the last 10 years - if nothing else the PE reflects market sentiment

I have noted the NZX50 PE (numbers from Jarden) at a few points in time - that measures overall market sentiment.

GXH had something going for them from 2011 through to 2015. The +ve sentiment towards them (ie a good story) matched that of the overall market and their share price moved accordingly (even though earnings weren't spectacular)

But since then whilst the PE of NZX50 has steadily increased (+ve sentiment) poor old GXH has seen its PE ratio falling away back to levels where it was 10 years ago whereas NZX50 has increased its PE from about 20 to over 30.

My read is that GXH doesn't tell a very good story at the moment- a paucity of announcements could say they don't even have a story to tell.

Until they start telling a good story (ie improve sentiment towards them) they will continue to languish with a PE of 10/11 (which some say is stupid)

Yes, the 'power of the story' drives value - even more so than traditional fundamentals

Get a good 'story' out there and market will sentiment will improve and we good see a share price of $2.50 or more (without making much more money)

What was the GXH story from 2012 to 2016 -- probably was a good story - next rainy day might go through their 'publicity' / presos to see what it was

But then some might say that that story was a pack of lies and nobody believes them any more
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by winner69; 19-04-2021 at 04:11 PM.

Story teller ABA had many bad years, but the management did maximize shareholders profit. talking to takeovers takeovers for years and eventually sold the business for a not too bad price. SP always high.

GXH does have some similarity as ABA, however SP.....

Quote Originally Posted by flyinglizard View Post
    Story teller ABA had many bad years, but the management did maximize shareholders profit. talking to takeovers takeovers for years and eventually sold the business for a not too bad price. SP always high.

GXH does have some similarity as ABA, however SP.....
    Abano had a really good story ...but directors really stuffed up rejecting offers much higher than they eventually sold out for.

Recent stories all about keeping face in resurrecting something out of the mess.

percy

This announcement is from Blis and refers to their sales channel in Australia..
    I would guess the same trend from pharmacy to online shopping is also happening here.,not only in supplements ,but most products stocked be pharmacies.

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/371121

Legend

With a matter of a few weeks away from FY Announcement - if 2020 was any indication
    any bets on whether it will be a Div or a third Consecutive Div PASS BY from GXH ?

Here is the Interim Announcement in Nov 2020:

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/363873

In particular, the following excerpt-

"Outlook and Dividend

Green Cross Health is focused on delivering earnings growth whilst refining its operating model to adapt to changing market conditions. The Company has worked to maintain a strong Balance Sheet (including not paying a full year dividend for FY20) in light of the challenging landscape that has been shaped by the COVID-19 pandemic.

In order to safeguard this position and to capitalise on acquisition opportunities that may eventuate as a result of the economic climate, the Board has resolved not to declare an interim dividend."
    Last edited by nztx; 10-05-2021 at 11:42 PM.