sharetrader
Page 26 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Went ex dividend yesterday ... so far the SP drop (2 cents) is less than the dividend (3.5 cents). Good indication, but obviously early days.

This stock was for some months without analyst coverage - but it appears the Wall Street Journal "discovered" a new analyst covering Green Cross with a recommendation of "buy" with a target price of $2.20.

https://quotes.wsj.com/NZ/GXH/research-ratings

Bit more optimistic than me, but who am I to disagree?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

I'm not a holder and wouldn't be. That's because of my and others' experience at our local Unichem.
    The shop assistants hover.
    When I'm trying to decide which suppository (or similar) to choose, I don't want some know-nothing shop person giving me loud advice. What does she know about it? And I don't necessarily want everybody in the world to know what I'm buying.
    So I use Countdown nowadays, where the prescriptions are free and you can browse without hassle. They also have a BP testing station right there.

The problem with Chemist Warehouse is that for a 3 month prescription, they'll only give you a month at a time, meaning you must go back again and again.

You just have to love this trend (well, I do ) despite some of the nay saying on this thread:

Attachment 10946

Already 9 cents up today (at 134 - graph shows only 130) and hardly any sellers left.

How do they say - market is always right ;
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 16-01-2020 at 04:29 PM.
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Already 9 cents up today (at 134 - graph shows only 130) and hardly any sellers left.
    It's one of those high volume shares.

Going gangbusters with over $35,000 traded just today!

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Looks like you are onto a winner here Peter
    Happy New Year BP

This post mid November when share price in the 110’s

You sure are onto a winner here eh

Well done ....even $1.50 on the cards I reckon. GXH not the basket case as many thought.
    Last edited by winner69; 16-01-2020 at 05:33 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Happy New Year BP

This post mid November when share price in the 110’s

You sure are onto a winner here eh

Well done ....even $1.50 on the cards I reckon. GXH not the basket case as many thought.
    Happy new year to you as well ... and yes, based on the available info could I see them well in the 150 to 160 range. At current they operate still on a rather undemanding P/E below 12. If the SP moves however significantly above say 155, than we would need to see as well some growth to justify further increases.

Lets see what the FY brings - only 2 and a half months to go ...
    ----

Let's face it it was highly under valued and at 1.00 a share the div return was 7% congrats to those that brought then. While we could see it crack $1.50 only a good FY result will keep it there.

Advanced Member

Damn - sold my lot at 1.25 thinking that was it. Quite happy 'till I saw it jump an extra 9 cents a share! I had a large amount too and market didn't seem to want to budge yesterday. Well done to you others!
    All science is either Physics or stamp collecting - Ernest Rutherford

Quote Originally Posted by Davexl View Post
    Damn - sold my lot at 1.25 thinking that was it. Quite happy 'till I saw it jump an extra 9 cents a share! I had a large amount too and market didn't seem to want to budge yesterday. Well done to you others!
    Well 1.25 did look sad a couple of days ago but ......... looks like the breakout will not hold up. No change today BIG RED candle yesterday.

20200121_185252.jpg

Likely to come back to your 1.25 sale shortly. I'm still sitting on the fence, don't fully understand the business conditions of the third leg, govt home services sector. Got some homework to do here B4 risking $$$$$$.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mshierlaw View Post
    Well 1.25 did look sad a couple of days ago but ......... looks like the breakout will not hold up. No change today BIG RED candle yesterday.

20200121_185252.jpg

Likely to come back to your 1.25 sale shortly. I'm still sitting on the fence, don't fully understand the business conditions of the third leg, govt home services sector. Got some homework to do here B4 risking $$$$$$.

Don't know much about that either sorry (check out attachments in the link below) - had them for the divvy, but the risk on the Chemists side is that they will be undercut somewhat by the Chemist Warehouse setting up shop (70 stores coming) - but the medical side is growing strongly to compensate against that risk. Staying out at this point, following Percy's advice (very wise) https://www.nzx.com/announcements/344883
    Last edited by Davexl; 22-01-2020 at 01:00 PM.
    All science is either Physics or stamp collecting - Ernest Rutherford