sharetrader
Page 25 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dlownz View Post
    Are gxh paying a divi in Dec or have I missed something?
    Here are the historic dividend payments: https://www.nzx.com/instruments/GXH/dividends

Whether we get one in December has to the best of my knowledge not been announced yet, but I suppose it might be worthwhile to wait with that info for the financials which should be due next week.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

“ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Better than I expected - markets clearly have been too pessimistic.

Particularly pleasing:

While revenue is slightly down for the pharmacy division, there seems to be not a big dent in the margins (well, but for the change in accounting standards) - i.e. while the discount pharmacies seem to take a very thin slice of the cake, they don't seem to have an impact on the icing (margins).

Great to see double digit growth rates for "the doctors" - this is clearly an area with lots of future ...

And great to see the Community Health making a profit again ...

The new CEO seems to be worth her money ...

PS: Great buying around $1 ;
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 26-11-2019 at 08:16 AM. Reason: corrected statement re pharmacy revenue and earnings
    ----

percy

"Pharmacy Revenue down 4.5% and operating profit down $1.7mil at $12.2 mil."
    I expect the competition in pharmacy to intensify,and expect GXH pharmacy's operating profit will further deteriorate.
    I doubt we will see a takeover offer from Ebos.Somehow I think Ebos are looking at a bigger fish to fry
    Take care.
    Last edited by percy; 26-11-2019 at 08:11 AM.

Advanced Member

This is good to.
    “27% improvement in Net Debt to $32.2m”

Not happy with my investment in this one. 3.1% of my portfolio, used to be more. ��
    I underestimated the impact of the Chemist Warehouse. Mostly I guess because we buy very little from those kinds of shops. And assumed others were the same.

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Not happy with my investment in this one. 3.1% of my portfolio, used to be more. ��
    I underestimated the impact of the Chemist Warehouse. Mostly I guess because we buy very little from those kinds of shops. And assumed others were the same.
    I guess - as everywhere in life timing matters.

Not sure when you bought in, but at their peak in 2018 (around $2) their was clearly a lot of optimism (or ignorance of the market?) priced in.

On the other hand - just recently below $1 markets clearly traded it too cheaply.

At this stage - my short term "goal"would be the mid 120' ies ... and if the analysts are right, then they might move up again to something like 150 ... 160.

Obviously - if they manage to grow the doctors with last years CAGR, then only the sky is the limit.
    ----

Declining stock performance overall. The effect of CW will continue driving down Pharmacy performance as they open more stores, I've been to the one in the CBD and its very busy and more stores are obviously not good.

The growing segments are now the medical portion and the community health parts. If they can just maintain the pharmacy side and grow the other two, then perhaps there is something here. One thing that is admirable is that debt is not a large part of their equation and they aren't paying dividends from borrowings, or trying to grow with silly acquisitions.

Its not all doom and gloom but if you're brave enough to invest where you think the bottom is, then this could be your place. There's easier places to make money on the market I think.

Disc: Not a holder.

I agree, bit harder with the competition from CW. CW are a "category killer". Think of them like the Briscoes of pharmacy. They will move in an take market share and fairly quickly.

The value with GXH in my opinion is in the GP and Healthcare businesses. The pharmacies need to get highly competitive to compete with the CW reach.

Disc. Not holding.

Anybody noticed this nice break through the 120 resistance? It tried the days before, but this time the 122 stuck.
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Anybody noticed this nice break through the 120 resistance? It tried the days before, but this time the 122 stuck.
    I think you onto a real winner here bp.

All discussion seems to be about Chemist Warehouse kicking GXH into oblivion .....just like a year or so ago Top Shop, H&M and others were going to kick HLG into oblivion.

One needs to focus on the good things GXH has going for it.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”